Getting different timezone from create meeting api

Description
Team,
I am getting different timezone values in create meeting response api when creating a meeting using the create meeting api.
Note:- Both the users are created using Zoom create user api
Error
For one meeting I am getting “timeZone=Asia/Kolkata” and for second meeting i am getting “timeZone=Asia/Calcutta”.
Sometime I get null value also in timezone.

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
create meeting api.

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Hit create meeting api with create meeting request
  2. meeting gets created but I am getting different timezone in response.

Response for user 1:
[REDACTED]

Response for user 2:
[REDACTED]

Hey @deepali.necti,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. Please provide an example of the request that you’re using when you see this behavior.

I’ll use that information to reproduce the issue on my end and investigate further.

Thanks,
Max

@MaxM ,

Please find below the request and response for 2 different users in the reply. Can you please check.

1. Request for user 1
Create Meeting Zoom request - CreateZoomMeetingRequest [topic=test meeting - timezone verification, type=2, startTime=2021-05-13T11:00:00, password=[REDACTED], agenda=test meeting - timezone verification, settings=null, duration=15, timezone=null]
Response:
[REDACTED]

2. Request for user 2
Create Meeting Zoom request - CreateZoomMeetingRequest [topic=test meeting for timezone, type=2, startTime=2021-05-13T11:00:00, password=[REDACTED], agenda=test meeting for timezone, settings=null, duration=15, timezone=null]
Response:
[REDACTED]

Hey @deepali.necti,

Thanks for providing that information. I think that this is happening because you are passing the timezone value as a null value. I think that the timezone is then set using another method such as the timezone of the data center or perhaps the requester.

It might be that depending on the data center that ends up setting this timezone, it uses a different timezone ID. I’ll continue to test this on my end to see if I can spot the same behavior.

In the meantime, as a test, please try populating the timezone property with a valid timezone ID:

Let me know if that resolves the issues that you’re seeing.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.