Getting "invalid token" when trying to download phone recording

We are able to successfully retrieve a list of phone user recordings by making a call with JWT to https://api.zoom.us/v2/phone/users/user@domain.com/recordings/.
This returns an array containing a JSON object for each recording. Included in this JSON object is a property named “download_url”. When trying to retrieve this URL we receive the following response, regardless of whether or not we pass in our JWT: {"errorCode":401,"message":"Invalid token."}

How can we download the recording files? Additionally, is there a way to delete the recordings once we have downloaded them?

Thanks
AJS

Hey @AJSpetner, thanks for posting and using Zoom!

Currently this is a known issue and we are working to fix asap.

JIRA: ZOOM-116277

Thanks for your patience!
-Tommy

Thanks for the update. Is there a known ETA?
Also what about the second question with regards to deleting recordings via the API?

Thanks
Aaron

Hey @AJSpetner,

No exact timeline, but we are working to resolve asap.

As for deleting a downloaded recording that lives on your computer Zoom does not have the capability to do that, you will have to delete it yourself. however if you are downloading the files to a cloud storage service like dropbox or AWS S3 they do have APIs to delete files.

Let me know if you have additional questions! :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

I didn’t mean deleting a local recording. I meant deleting the file that is stored in the Zoom account once we have successfully downloaded it and stored it elsewhere.

Hey @AJSpetner,

Yes you can delete recordings stored on your Zoom account via:

and

Thanks,
Tommy

This is for meeting recordings. What about phone recordings?

Apologies, at this time we do not have DELETE API endpoints for Zoom Phone recordings.

You can delete Zoom Phone Recordings via the Zoom Web Portal.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey Zoom, any updates on this issue? It’s affecting us as well.

Hey @clippermadness,

We are releasing a fix for this later this month. In the meantime I will let you know if there is a workaround.

Thanks,
Tommy

@tommy Any update on the ETA for this fix?

Hey @clippermadness,

ETA for this release is Nov 24th.

Thanks,
Tommy