Have you considered building zoom for the Raspberry Pi 4 linux system?

I also agree. I believe that it is especially important now more than ever because of campaigns like what the Raspberry Pi Foundation is doing with the Pi 400. They have already gotten around 5,000 Pi 400s in the hands of children that could not afford to purchase a modern amd64 desktop computer.

The Raspberry Pi Foundation, from what I can understand, is intending to expand the program to give more low-income students access to reasonably powerful (in my opinion), but cheap computer hardware. Unfortunately, these students are currently forced to use the Zoom webapp for classes. The webapp, if I might add, performs very poorly on the Raspberry Pi 400 in it’s current state, especially when the webcam is turned on. I find this to not be the fault of the Pi 400 hardware, but rather the Zoom webapp and the lack of native builds of the desktop client.

I would love to see native aarch64 (arm64) and armhf (arm) builds of the Zoom desktop client for Linux. because more and more people are going to be using Linux on ARM. if the Raspberry Pi Foundation keeps this up (which definitely appears to be the case) In my opinion, it is in the best interest of both the end-users of the Zoom software, and Zoom Video Communications to produce builds for Linux on the 32-bit and 64-bit arm platforms. The Zoom software could gain a previously untapped user-base and the end-users would have a significantly better experience with the Zoom software.

4 Likes