How can I launch to zoom app for oauth request?

Using this template helps us debug your issues more effectively :slight_smile:

Description
I am developing a mobile app that allow user to create zoom meetings with in the app. To do so I need to get an access token using the oauth flow. users need to enter their zoom username and password on a webview or browser. The 'open in zoom app โ€™ button does not take user to oauth request in app

I want to know if users already has zoom app installed on their phone, can we launch the zoom app and finish the authorization request there without re-enter username/password?

Error
The full error message or issue you are running into.

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
OAuth

Which Endpoint/s?

https://zoom.us/oauth/authorize

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. in the app, try to open https://zoom.us/oauth/authorize

2. a webpage asking user/password is shown, even through user have zoom app installed . click open in app lost the authorization request.

Screenshots (If applicable)

Additional context
Add any other context about the problem here.

Hi @codeleter,

Thanks for reaching out about this, and good question.

To clarify, the OAuth flow will always direct the user to the browser to authenticate. If a user is already authenticated, you do not need to have them click on the authorization URL. Rather, you can use an already stored access_token to make requests on their behalf.

Let me know if this helps to clarify,
Will

Hi, I get the flow if user start the integration from my app, then I can supply a state parameter to include user information on my side so I can link app_user_id to zoom_user_id
however, if the user installs the app from marketplace or via a shared link, then I canโ€™t supply an app_user_id. In this case, how should I connect user_id with zoom_user_id?

Hi @codeleter,

Have you considered utilizing the install from your site option?

You could require users to sign into your site/app before the authorization URL is shared with them.

Thanks,
Will

my app is not published yet, thatโ€™s good to know. thanks! will give a try

Glad I could help :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.