Indiana (East) Timezone

Description
When trying to create a meeting with time zone Indiana (East) I’m using the IANA convention to send it to zoom which is: “America/Indiana/Indianapolis” the mapping on Zoon seems to differ from the IANA convention “Indiana (East)” => “America/Indianapolis”

Endpoint
JWT App
POST /users/{userId}/meetings

Error
Use IANA Timezone convention.

@will.zoom

Sorry if I’m tagging the wrong person :slight_smile: But Will seems the frequent poster

Hey @r3c,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. From what I can tell, you have the correct timezone mappings. For future reference, you can find what we use here.

You mentioned that you’re seeing an issue when using this timezone, what errors are you seeing? Is the meeting created at a different time or does the request return an error?

If you’re able to provide an example of the request body that you’re using, I’ll attempt to reproduce the issue on my end.

Thanks,
Max

Hey @MaxM ,

Please see below:

Endpoint: https://api.zoom.us/v2/users/{user_id}/meetings

Body:

{
“topic”: “My test”,
“start_time”: “2021-03-11T19:00:00Z”,
“duration”: 120,
“timezone”: “America/Indiana/Indianapolis”,
“password”: 1234,
“settings”: {
“host_video”: “false”,
“participant_video”: “false”,
“waiting_room”: “true”,
“global_dial_in_countries”: [
“US”
]
}
}

Response:
The response comes back with a Time zone of

“timezone”: “America/New_York”,

Hey @r3c,

Thank you for providing more detail. Try using just America/Indianapolis as the timezone and let me know if that works as expected.

Thanks,
Max

Hey @MaxM

That seemed to work. But I guess my question was if Zoom plans to support the IANA convention for this particular time zone?

Thanks

Hey @r3c,

Thank you for your question. At this time, we don’t plan to support the IANA convention. If I hear about a change to our timezone conventions, I’ll be sure to update you here.

If you would like the IANA convention to be considered for a future release, I recommend posting in the #feature-requests category.

Thanks,
Max

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.