Installing marketplace app on shared SSO Zoom account

Hello – I have a client which spins up shared zoom accounts in order to power their company webinars. They use SSO to login to Zoom, and the email addresses for these accounts do not work. Instead they leverage an admin to go into the user account to create and schedule the webinars, and then setup alternative hosts for their users to login. They need to install our marketplace app on one of these accounts for our functionality to work. However, they cannot go through the standard app install process because it is impossible for them to login directly as that user.

Is there a way for this to happen? Can an account admin install a marketplace app on behalf of another user without logging in as that user?

Hey @comptonmc ,

It is possible for an SSO login user to install a Marketplace App. Just provide them with the install URL, and if they are not already signed in, have them sign in via SSO. :slight_smile:

Let me know if that helps!

Thanks,
Tommy

Thanks Tommy. Sorry, I probably wasn’t clear. We have lots of users who install our app using SSO with Zoom. However, in this case the company uses SSO to login to Zoom but has a process of creating shared Zoom accounts to do things like host webinars where the webinar license needs to be used by multiple people within a team to host monthly or weekly events.

In their use case, the Zoom user which has the webinar add-on is not an actual person but a shared account across the team, with no SSO user in their own environment to match. They set up webinars in the Zoom account leveraging the administrator to add the webinar in Zoom’s admin portal and setting up alternative hosts. Nobody ever actually logs into the Zoom user, and technically they can’t log into it because there is not any real SSO user to match.

Is it possible for a Zoom admin to install a marketplace app onto another Zoom user’s account? Or any other way of installing the marketplace app on a user if they cannot actually log into Zoom as that user?

Hey @comptonmc ,

No, but if it is an Account Level App, then the app can be installed once by the Zoom admin, and used by all users on the account.

Does that make sense?

Thanks,
Tommy

It makes sense. Doesn’t solve my issue, but definitely makes sense. Thanks so much for the response, @tommy

1 Like

Happy to help! To solve your issue, you would need a feature that allows an admin to manage installation of user level apps to specific users on the account right? Currently admins can uninstall apps their users have installed, but they cannot install user level apps on behalf of their users.

-Tommy

This is correct. The admin would need to manage installation of user level apps to specific users on the account. Understand it doesn’t exist yet, but would be very helpful to our customers. Thanks again!

1 Like

Thanks @comptonmc , we will consider adding this feature! :slight_smile:

-Tommy

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.