Invalid Signature with Sample Web App

Hey @iamvenom95 ,

Please share your meeting signature for a test meeting with the issue so we can debug further. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

Hello Ojus

I am getting same error like Signature is invalid.

Meeting number :

Hey @hardikm7584 ,

Can you please share your Web SDK signature for a test meeting so we can help you debug it?

Thanks,
Tommy

@tommy Hello, I have a question regarding the invalid signature issue.
If i generated a zoom meeting using someones account, and then tried to join the meeting using the api keys of another account, will it work ? Because I keep getting invalid signature error

Hi @akram.abdelnasser201,

The Web SDK signature will need to utilize credentials that are associated with the JWT app of the host account. If you attempt to authenticate your signature using credentials from another account, you will receive this error. If you’d like to share your signature, I’m happy to confirm this is the case!

Thanks,
Will

Hi @tommy ,

I’m using zoom-meeting-1.9.0.min.js. And I’ve followed the function in here too https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/sdk/native-sdks/web/build/signature

I got the Invalid Signature

here is my signature can you check it invalid or not please.

Signature:

Hi there,

I am also having an issue with joining a meeting. I am getting errorCode 3713 with message “No permission”. I used the cdn version of zoom. I am generating the signature server-side and then redirect to meeting.html with the params passed in the url. From what I can tell the js in meeting.html seems to parse everything from the url, so I guess that is still a valid way to do this? Can you help debug this please?

Hey @tashows,

Make sure that you’re following our steps on generating a signature. If you’re not able to spot any issues with that, you can also use our Sample Web App.

If neither of those options help, please send an email to developersupport@zoom.us with the signature that you’re using and we’ll assist you from there.

Thanks,
Max

Hi Tommy,

Thank you for this helpful thread.
Switching to the JWT key/secret worked for me. However, the JWT docs state that

Note : JWT may only be used for internal applications and processes. All apps created for third-party usage must use our OAuth app type.

I would like my app to be used by third parties. What APIs/SDKs should I be using to accomplish that?
Best,
Andrew

Hey @chou,

All that means is that if you want to make API requests on behalf of another user, you’ll want to authenticate your API requests using credentials from an OAuth App instead of a JWT App.

However, when it comes to the Web SDK, we only support using JWT credentials.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Max

Thanks for clarifying @MaxM!

In that case, how would you recommend making a bot assistant (for use by third parties) to join live meetings? (Not just get recordings).

Best,
Andrew

Hey @chou,

Unfortunately, we don’t have a method to join a meeting with a Bot when it comes to the Web SDK or any of the developer tools that we currently have.

When it comes to the browser, there are security and privacy policies that prevent us from enabling the Camera/Mic without user interaction/approval.

However, this is a use case that will be enabled by our upcoming Zoom Apps feature.

Thanks,
Max

Thanks @MaxM.

A couple followup questions then:

1. There are many companies that have Zoom bots that will join a meeting and say “Gong Assistant” or similar and sit with their camera/mic off. So clearly there are ways to join with a bot. Which method do you recommend? Or is this a don’t ask don’t tell situation with these sort of bots?
  2. There is no camera/mic enablement needed because there’s no user…it’s a bot. In that case could I use the Web SDK?
  3. When is Zoom Apps being released? And how can I get early access to the developer APIs? I signed up but didn’t receive any emails about it.

Best,
Andrew

Hey @chou,

While you can have a virtual participant join a meeting with the SDK, you won’t be able to send/receive audio (interpret audio from others and communicate via audio in the meeting) without enabling the microphone. Likewise, you wouldn’t be able to send video for the bot in the meeting.

Instead, to obtain that data, you would want to livestream the meeting to a custom RTMP server. From there, you would use a process like RTMP dump to separate the audio and video channels before processing the data. You could then use the API to make any account/meeting changes from the backend.

In that case, yet you absolutely could use the Web SDK.

I suppose I was assuming some of the implementation details that you were after so if you’re able to offer more information in regard to your use case I can be more specific.

I don’t have a timeline for you just yet but we will make an announcement when it’s ready.

Thanks,
Max

Awesome thanks for the info @MaxM.
I’m trying to make a bot/assistant that will join a meeting similar to how Gong/Chorus/Otter do it. I was planning on doing the custom RTMP thing but then this new messaging about “people can view this stream” (even though people can’t view it since the stream just goes to our backend) started to scare off our customers, so we’re now looking at the bot/assistant joining the meeting.

Sounds like the Web SDK could be a possibility but I haven’t been able to get the video/audio from the browser over to our backend.

No worries if you can’t respond till Tuesday or after. Have a good long weekend!
Best

Hey @chou,

Thanks for getting back to me and thank you for your patience. With our most recent improvements around security and privacy there isn’t a method to capture any data (audio, video, text) without alerting the user.

From here, the best course is to likely educate your users on why they might see that message when using your application. This might be via an Email, FAQ and a quick message from your system when a meeting starts.

Thanks,
Max

@tommy I’m using zoom SDK v1.9.9 for the web to integrate zoom meeting in my react web application. while I’m initiating the meeting getting Invalid signature with error code 3712 though i’m passing a valid id and keys also.

Here is my base64 key

I cant find out whats the issue. can you able to help out .

Thanks in advance

Hey @bharathbk1210 ,

Double check you are using a JWT App type for your key and secret.

You can also reference the Signature Generator Sample app to compare a working signature with yours:

Thanks,
Tommy

for some reason the sample web app is not working (Invalid Signature). I did the git + setup +build + clientid& secret change.
downloaded from here with git command in the article: GitHub - zoom/meetingsdk-web-sample: Zoom Meeting SDK Web Sample App
When I run it / try to create a meeting or join an existing meeting it doesn’t work:

1. go to: http://127.0.0.1:9999/index.html

2. put meeting id:

3. click join

4. click join again:

5. get error message

6. changed keys were used / secret change (before step 1)

@ford_wx1 Hope you will be fine.

Here are the sessions regarding WebSDK Integrations