Issue with Mobile Use of Authentication Exception Join URL

Dear Zoom Developers Team,

I hope this message finds you well. I am reaching out to seek assistance with an issue we are encountering regarding the Update a meeting API and the setting of authentication exceptions for participant-specific join URLs.

Issue Details:

1. Setting Authentication Exceptions:
  • We are using the Update a meeting API (PATCH /meetings/{meetingId}) to set authentication exceptions for participants.
  • Alternatively, we have also tried setting authentication exceptions directly from the Zoom Web client’s meeting editing interface.
  1. Participant Join URL Behavior:
  • On desktop environments, the participant-specific join URLs work as expected and redirect users to the Zoom desktop application without any issues.
  • However, on mobile devices, the same join URLs do not redirect users to the Zoom mobile application.
  • When users tap the “Launch Meeting” button in the browser, nothing happens, and the Zoom mobile application is not launched.

This discrepancy between the desktop and mobile experience is causing significant inconvenience for our mobile users. We would appreciate any guidance or solutions you could provide to ensure that the participant-specific join URLs function correctly across all platforms.

Thank you for your support and assistance in resolving this matter. I look forward to your response.

Best regards,

Yui Yamashita

Hi @akatore.zoom
Thanks for reaching out to us and sorry for the late reply here!
Have you been able to troubleshoot this on your end or are you still looking for assitance on this issue?