Issue with Retrieving Meeting Recordings via Zoom API - Error Code 3301

Hello Zoom Developer Community,

I am currently experiencing an issue with the Zoom API, specifically when trying to retrieve recordings of meetings. I’m hoping to get some assistance or insights into what might be causing this problem and how to resolve it.

Issue Description:

I am attempting to retrieve recordings for meetings using the API endpoint https://api.zoom.us/v2/meetings/[meetingid]/recordings. This is done after successfully fetching the meeting IDs via the API call https://api.zoom.us/v2/users/[User.id]/meetings?page_size=30&next_page_token=[strNextPageToken]. However, every time I make the call to retrieve recordings, I receive the following error message:

{"code":3301,"message":"This recording does not exist."}

This issue persists across several different meeting IDs, all of which are valid and retrieved through the aforementioned API call.

Steps Taken:

1. Confirmed that the meeting IDs are valid and retrieved successfully from the Zoom API.
  2. Ensured that the meetings in question do have recordings available.
  3. Checked the API documentation to ensure the correct usage of the endpoint.
  4. Attempted the API call for multiple different meeting IDs, all resulting in the same error.

I understand from reviewing some similar topics that this api is only adequate for retrieving meetings recorded by my account. How can I get the meetings recorded for all accounts?

Reference: GET /meetings/{meetingId} request returns “code: 3001, message: meeting does not exist” error - API and Webhooks - Zoom Developer Forum

I would greatly appreciate any guidance or suggestions on what might be causing this error and how to resolve it. If there are any additional details or information I can provide, please let me know.

Thank you for your time and assistance.

Best regards,
Dave

Hi @dshumate ,

Please check your cloud recording permissions in your web portal settings and the permissions for those individual recordings. They may not be designated as shareable.

https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0067567

Just to clarify, the only way that the API can make calls and receive recordings for all users is if we turn the “shareable” feature on, or do we need to share all the recordings to get them via the API? This doesn’t seem to make much sense as setting all recordings to shareable would seem to infer that all users could see recordings for any user and that seems like a security issue. Can you please clarify?

Hi @dshumate ,

Review the " Settings for sharing cloud recordings" section of that support article for full scope of details on configuring. You want to make sure that downloading for the recording is not disabled by the Admin for the person querying the recording via API.

This was the case for another developer when we investigated further:

Hi @dshumate is this resolved?

If the above is not an issue and if it’s a recurring meeting meeting at a set fixed time, are you passing the correct meeting uuid? Check this section of a blog post on this for help: