Lose voice when plugging in my headphone

Hey GUys,
When I plugin my headphone in the middle of a call, the session gets muted and plugging in/out again does not fix it. Do I need to handle that ? I though the stream will be automatically updated for device changes.

Thanks

Hi @ha.hassanzadeh this seems like the client isn’t recognizing the new input? Can you specify which platform this is happening on?

Hi @ha.hassanzadeh ,

You can account for devices being plugged in/out using the ‘device-change’ event listener, mentioned towards the end of this documentation. Incorporating this into your code should help avoid the muting. Please let us know if this helps!

Thanks,
Rehema

Hello @rehema.zoom , @michael.zoom,
I’m using macOs (both my iMac and Macbook). I did already check the device-change before, and yes the device-change does fire. Whenever I turn on my noise canceler headphone, the default microphone is changed, however, still nothing is heared. I don’t think the issue is a bug in my code, because even when using the zoom’s demo app, I experience the same issue, so that’s due to a bug in your sdk, not my
code.

THanks

Hi @ha.hassanzadeh ,

Thank you for this information. I’m going to look further into this today and will reach back out when I have more information on this issue.

Thanks,
Rehema

Hi @ha.hassanzadeh ,

Could you link the sample app you are testing this on? I was unable to reproduce the issue using noise cancelling headphones (albeit, may be different than what you’re using).

Thanks,
Rehema