LTI Pro: Duration set to 0 when auto-updating Alternative Hosts

Description
I’ve noticed a few times over the past month or so that some meetings connected to a course through the LTI Pro app suddenly have a duration of 0 hr 0 min. I haven’t been able to figure out what conditions this happens in, but I think I may have now. It seems that in the process of the LTI Pro updating the Alternative Hosts, it sets the duration to 0 at the same time.

Error
Meeting duration is set to 0, possibly when the LTI Pro is updating the Alternative Hosts field.

Which App?
LTI Pro

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Schedule a recurring meeting via the API. Duration is fine.
  2. Import that meeting into LTI Pro (Blackboard in this case).
  3. Have an Alternative Host access the LTI Pro to get auto-added as an Alternative Host.
  4. Meeting now shows 0 duration.

Hey @AVJeff,

Thanks for reporting this. Can you confirm the meetings are not instant meetings (Type 1)?

If they are, the duration may show up as 0 since they do not have a scheduled duration.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @tommy,
These are type 2 recurring meetings with scheduled start and end dates. The duration shows correctly at first, but it changes to 0 once an Alternative Host has been added by the LTI Pro app.
Thank you,
Jeff.

Thanks for the additional info @AVJeff!

We are looking into this issue and will keep you updated on the fix. (ZOOM-215264)

-Tommy

Hey @AVJeff,

We have confirmed this to be a bug and are working on the fix. I will update you on when we plan to release it. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

Thank you, @tommy.

1 Like

Happy to help! :slight_smile:

-Tommy

Hey @AVJeff,

This is currently slated to be fixed in a release later this month. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @tommy,
That’s great news – thank you! This has been causing many issues when students try to join a class a few minutes late, since the 0 duration removes the meeting from the upcoming meeting list one minute after the meeting starts.
Thanks again,
Jeff.

1 Like

You are welcome! :slight_smile:

-Tommy

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.