Meeting Alert Webhook

Description
I am attempting to set up a webhook to view Zoom Meeting Issues. I have configured the event and correctly subscribed to the webhook, however no data comes through on the webhook. Even when forcefully triggering a Meeting Issue.

Error
No data is coming through the webhook event

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
Webhook

Which Endpoint/s?
Meeting Alert

Additional context
We have a business plan

Hey @jonathan.peirce,

What is your endpoint url? Are you seeing the webhooks sent in the logs?

Thanks,
Tommy

nothing in the logs. subscribed to “Meeting Alerts”

Hey @jonathan.peirce,

Thanks for sharing these. Can you send me a screenshot of the Event Type you added?

Also how are you triggering the meeting alert?

Thanks,
Tommy

I have tried multiple ways to trigger the alert. I used a networking tool to simulate an unstable connection, that triggers the alert on my screen, but this does not go through in the Webhook logs.

In general, we should have multiple users with alerts throughout any given day, but nothing is firing off.

Hey @jonathan.peirce just to verify here - is this app installed by a user? This would be a requirement to receiving user (or account-level) data.

The WebHook App? I created the WebHook app. It states Account-level app

Hey @jonathan.peirce,

I think Michael was mistaken. Since this is a Webhook Only app it does not need to be installed by a user, only activated by the developer.

Can you try selecting the Meeting Started event and start a meeting to see if it shows up in the Webhook logs?

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey,

correct. when selecting another event, everything seems to function fine. Logs show that it’s firing, and it send the data off to the webhook (zapier). just when using the Meeting Alert event, nothing comes up.

Hey @jonathan.peirce,

Okay good, sounds like you have everything setup correctly.

My guess is you aren’t triggering a meeting alert event properly.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey Tommy,

How do I trigger a Meeting Alert Event?

Is it not Org Wide? Or is it just Alerts for my account? If it’s the former, based of statistics for meetings, connections issues certainly should be triggered at least once on a daily bonus

I’m having the exact same problem.
Also interested in knowing which participant’s device is generating the issue, I don’t see this info in the Meeting Alerts doc. Please do let me know, thanks!

1 Like

Hey @nicolaskneler,

You can see participant QOS here:

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @jonathan.peirce,

The following quality metrics can trigger an alert:

• Unstable audio
  • Unstable video
  • Poor screen share quality
  • High CPU usage
  • Call reconnection problems

Please also note the prerequisites:

• Business or a higher plan.
  • Event Subscriptions must be enabled for your Marketplace app with the following configurations:
    • A valid Event Notification Endpoint URL .
    • "Meeting issues alert" subscription enabled under the Meeting event.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey Tommy,

So I see those event trigger on my end when running testing. Also, I would assume at some point one of our 200+ users would receive one. Yet they are still not appearing the the logs.

You can see from my earlier screenshot that I subscribed the correct meeting event. I am also sending it to a valid endpoint.

We are on a business account. So not sure what else I can do here to get these to work… Looking for some help

1 Like

Hey @jonathan.peirce,

I have asked our engineering team to look into your webhook app to see if there is anything off. I will get back to you with updates. (ZOOM-170803)

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

Hey there, following up on this request

Hey @jonathan.peirce,

Apologies for the delay, it is in the queue to be investigated. I have just requested upped priority.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @jonathan.peirce,

Can you share a meetingUUID of a meeting where the meeting alert webhook did not send?

Thanks,
Tommy