Meeting ends abruptly in 30 mins

Hi,

We are using electron SDK and when we are trying to run the meeting, it ends abruptly in 30 mins.

What could be the reason?

Regards
Atul

Hi,

Awaiting response. Can you help us know the reason?

Regards
Atul

Hi @helloparent,

Could you provide more information regarding the issue you are facing? Are you getting any error codes or meeting end status, etc.? Are you getting any pop-up dialogs when the meeting ends? Without further details, we are not able to help you.

Thanks!

Hi @carson.zoom

Unfortunately, there are no error codes coming, no pop-ups. The meeting just ends abruptly after exactly 30 mins.

It does not happen when there is only one participant but when there are multiple participants. I am getting a feeling this happens because after 30 mins, the 10 mins popup comes for upgrade which might be crashing the meeting.

I have added a video of the same and the main.js file.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1F9IgZeEZNO6Pvp8csuEvpqrYHROjzhDd?usp=sharing

Please let me know if we can put any logs anywhere to further debug the issue.

Hi @carson.zoom:

Awaiting your response. Did you get a chance to go through the video and the file?

Regards
Atul

Kindly respond. This is surprising that even critical issues also take days to answer. Do we expect the customer to wait for days to get their issues resolved. These are issues which do not allow the meetings to be taken over Zoom and you guys respond as per your convenience.

Is there any difference between a paid customer and free customer?

@tommy @carson.zoom: Awaiting response

Hi @helloparent,

Thanks for the reply and pardon the late response. Could you provide the SDK log instead of the main.js? Based on the code snippet you provided, we are not able to reproduce the issue you are mentioning.

Thanks!

Hi @carson.zoom

I dont have any SDK logs. Can you point me where can we find them or enable them to share with you.

Requesting for a quicker response as we are facing the parent burnt on a daily basis.

Hi @carson.zoom

Can you pls revert. Its been almost 2 weeks since i raised this query.

Is there any other platform where top priority issues can be raised. This forum takes eternity to answer.

Hi @helloparent,

Sorry for the late response. We were having some overload on the support and we will have more supports coming soon.

Regarding the issue you are facing, thanks for providing the main.js file, I have checked the interfaces that are related to the free meeting pop-up in your main.js file and they are the same as the implementation recommended in the demo app. I tried to use our demo app to reproduce this issue(wait for 30 mins) and I did not encounter the issue, so we will need to see the SDK log to investigate what is going on.

You could set the enablg_log parameter to be true when calling the setDomain interface:

When the issue happens, close the app, and you could find the SDK log locates in the following locations:

• Windows: %appdata%\ZoomSDK\logs
  • Mac: ~/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/(appName)

The log files should have the extensions .log. You could share the log with us and we will investigate the issue and find the solution for you.

Could you also provide the following information:

• What is the Electron SDK you are using that has this issue?
  • Is this issue happening on Windows or Mac? Or both?
  • Was this issue happening in the previous version of Electron SDK?
  • If you run the Electron SDK demo app on your device, is the crash happening as well?

Pardon again for the late response and I will help you to fix this ASAP.

Thanks!

Dear @carson.zoom

Thank you for the response. I understand there would be overload at these times. But these are business impacting issues and a faster response would certainly help.

This issue comes when there are three or more participants. Did you check the demo app with three or more participants.?

To answer your questions:

• What is the Electron SDK you are using that has this issue? - Its the latest version.
  • Is this issue happening on Windows or Mac? Or both? - We have enabled this app only for windows.
  • Was this issue happening in the previous version of Electron SDK? - We did not try using previous version as this app was created in this version only.
  • If you run the Electron SDK demo app on your device, is the crash happening as well? - I haven’t tried that.

In the meanwhile, I will share the logs as soon as possible.

Thank you for your response.

Regards
Atul

Hi @helloparent,

Thanks for the prompt reply and your understanding.

I tried this with 3 different devices(Electron SDK on Mac - host, Electron SDK on Windows, iOS SDK). I will try with more participants.

Thanks for confirming this. Will pay more attention to the Electron SDK on Windows in our following testing and investigation on this issue.

Thanks for willing to provide the log. Besides the log, would you mind providing a meeting ID that has this issue(with meeting approx. start time) so that we could investigate this from another route?

Looking forward to hearing from you. Thanks!

Hi @carson.zoom

I have added the folder with the logs and main_hp_win.js file for your reference. Kindly have a look.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1F9IgZeEZNO6Pvp8csuEvpqrYHROjzhDd?usp=sharing

Hi @helloparent,

Thank you for providing the info. I have forwarded this to the engineering team and will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks!

Thanks @carson.zoom for the prompt response. Is there any timeline I can expect when the team would respond?

Hi @helloparent,

The team has received the files and they will investigate this issue, and I will work closely with them to expedite the investigation, I will provide an update early next week.

Thanks!

Hi @helloparent,

Thanks for your patience. We are able to identify an issue with the log you provided. We will fix it in the next release. I understand that this issue is affecting your production app, so please use the following steps to fix it in the current Electron SDK:

1. Open lib\node_add_on\win\sdk_events_wrap_class.h and locate the function onFreeMeetingNeedToUpgrade
  2. Change the function to be the following:
 virtual void onFreeMeetingNeedToUpgrade(ZOOM_SDK_NAMESPACE::IMeetingConfigurationFreeMeetingEvent::FreeMeetingNeedUpgradeType type_, const wchar_t* gift_url)
	{
		if (owner_ && gift_url) {
			ZoomSTRING zn_gift_url = gift_url;
			owner_->onFreeMeetingNeedToUpgrade(Map2WrapDefine(type_), zn_gift_url);
		}
	}
  1. Rebuild the Electron SDK

Pardon the inconvenience caused by this. Hope this helps. Thanks!

Dear @carson.zoom

Thank you so much. The responses have been super quick now. Really appreciate.

I will try the solution with the development team and update with the results.

Hope the solution works for you. Please let me know.

Thanks!