Mobile app & website without zoom client for Webinars

Hi All
I have been in a chat with the zoom support but I am still a bit uncertain about the possibility in the Zoom SDK and the API.

Here is the use case.

We are about to make an new app for all our members.

1. In the app the members need to see recorded session.
  2. Maybe they need to see a Live webinar and comment on it.

The live webinar will have one or two presenters and up to 1000 users

Also we need to embed Live Webinars on our webpage and make the webinar recordings available.

Hey @zebrastribe ,

Have you considered live streaming the webinars via youtube or another service and embedding that in your website?

Also, you can embed the cloud recording videos on your website via a youtube or other video service embed.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey Tommy
Thank for taking your time to reply my message.

Have you considered live streaming the webinars via youtube or another service and embedding that in your website?

Yes and my understanding of the different zoom products is no very good (zoom session, Zoom cloud, zoom meetings). I assume that you will use YouTube/Facebook or maybe Vimeo Live if you have more than 250 attendees, right?

https://zoom.us/docs/doc/Zoom-Video-Webinars-FAQ.pdf

Our webinars are private and we do not want to show youtube ads. Why do I want to use Zoom if I need an other service to broadcast the stream?

The users need to be able to se the Live stream, see old Live streams, comment on it maybe rate it in the app.

The presenter need to stream the webinar Live, record the webinar, comment and take questions, screenshare and sent out an attention link to the attendees. It does not need to be from the app. It could from the Zoom Client.

Are this natively supported by the Zoom products (also by SDK/API) and can be integrated into an app and a website?

Hey @zebrastribe,

Gotcha! Just trying to get an understanding of what you are trying to do!

Sounds like you should use Zoom Webinar with the Web SDK, which will allow you to have the Zoom Webinar experience inside your website.

Let me know if you have additional questions!

Thanks,
Tommy

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.