MobileRTC version incompatible on join

You’re welcome! We havent quite finished updating the docs to reflect this change, but the new SDK is an XCFramework instead of a normal framework. This should not cause any issues, and in fact should make things easier. The XCFramework will run on both simulator and device instead of 2 seperate frameworks like before.

Thanks!
Michael

@Michael_Condon I noticed that. Very nice. Still disappointed about losing Spotlight though. Hoping it will make a comeback.

Hey @jeremy.provost,

I understand :confused: I will try my best to see if we can revert that change.

Thanks!
Michael

Hi! The issue is resolved after updating the Electron SDK in our App as well :tada:

@Michael_Condon We’re also very interested in the “spotlight video” feature which exists for Electron SDK MeetingVideo_SpotlightVideo(bSpotlight, userid) in zoom_meeting_video but is not actually working. Is there any plan to fix it? Thank you.

Hey @desko27,

Awesome, that is great news :slight_smile:

In regards to spotlighting, it was intentionally disabled for custom UI. However, I have seen many developers ask for this to be re-added, so I have submitted an internal feature request to re-add this functionality. Stay tuned.

Thanks!
Michael

1 Like

Hi,
Thank you for the latest update that solved the problem.
Unfortunately, the problem has been solved only temporarily. Today, I’m trying to connect to the meetings of an organization requiring the latest version (5.6.4) while the Android SDK version is 5.5.1. As a result, I can’t use the SDK while the Zoom application works perfectly…
It seems to me that the SDK versions are released with about 1 month delay. Is this the case? Can we do something to solve this problem?
Thank you!

1 Like

Hey @jsavin,

Thanks for using the dev forum!

Yes, the SDK is usually behind the client for some time before updating to the latest version. Please disable this setting, to continue to use the SDK until it is updated to match the client. If the SDK version number is ahead of the minimum client setting and is still breaking, please let us know as that is unintended behavior.

Thanks!
Michael

Looks like we are running into this same problem as of today with the iOS SDK and an organization that uses our apps. Is there an ETA on an iOS SDK update so that we can get an update out as soon as possible?

Hey @jeremy.provost,

We are hoping to ship an update soon. We can not provide a date at this time.

Thanks!
Michael

As a product suggestion, it would be great if the minimum SDK version were separate from the iOS minimum version since these do not coincide. For instance, if someone set the minimum version to “Latest” then it should respect the very latest that is available in the SDK. It’s very problematic the way it is currently set up. It isn’t clear to the organization the effect this setting will have on SDK apps.

1 Like

Hey @jeremy.provost,

I understand. This is a side-effect of the client and the SDK using a common layer.

Thanks!
Michael

I understand it would require a change to the implementation but I think it would be very valuable to separate those version checks.

This issue has revealed another issue with the SDK. We configure our MobileRTCMeetingServiceDelegate before trying to connect to one of these meetings where the version will prevent us from joining. The SDK never informs our delegate of the error so the app is left in an intermediate state. Specifically, onMeetingError is never called (although state and meeting ended methods are called). onMeetingError used to be called and would report the MobileRTC version issue. It would be great to have this working again so that at least the error can be reliably reported to users. Thanks.

Hey @jeremy.provost,

I see, I will discuss with the team.

Thanks!
Michael

Hi Michael, wanted to touch base and see if there was any ETA for the next SDK release. Thanks.

Hey @jeremy.provost,

We do not yet have an ETA at this time.

Thanks!
Michael

Any update on this? It has now been 2 months since this issue was reported and there hasn’t been an update to the iOS SDK.

Hey @jeremy.provost,

The new SDK version is in its final stages. It should be available soon.

Thanks!
Michael

As of today we’re back in the same boat. The 5.7.1 SDK is no longer recent enough for some of our clients. When is the next iOS SDK update scheduled so that we can update our apps again?

I’ll repeat what I’ve said before:

As a product suggestion, it would be great if the minimum SDK version were separate from the iOS minimum version since these do not coincide. For instance, if someone set the minimum version to “Latest” then it should respect the very latest that is available in the SDK. It’s very problematic the way it is currently set up. It isn’t clear to the organization the effect this setting will have on SDK apps.

I don’t see why the iOS SDK version is tied to the iOS app version since the two are not in sync. This is an ongoing problem that really leaves our hands tied. Would love to see this addressed.

Barring a change like I mention above, we really need frequent SDK updates. They need to coincide with iOS app updates so that we don’t keep running into these conflicts. Even minor updates just to allow the SDK version number to increase and match the app.

Here is a quick mock up of what I’m referring to above, with separate entries for iOS and iOS SDK, so that each can be set to the latest without breaking users of the iOS SDK.