Multiple spotlight video ( picture in picture)

Thank you so much. That is very helpful. My alt key is playing up, so even more helpful!

Add Spotlight is not implemented in the Live Stream to YouTube (or Custom Streaming Server) feed. I guess I’ve been live directing these events for myself and the other panelists the past month, and the streaming audience has been only seeing the first spotlighted speaker.

Add spotlight and Replace spotlight are implemented in Zoom 5.4.3.
Add spotlight allows to display up to 9 videos in spotlight, however this feature only works with computers.
On mobile devices, Add spotlight does not work : only one video at a time is displayed in spotlight on mobile devices.

Would it be possible to correct this, allowing all devices, including mobile ones, to display multiple spotlight videos ?
This feature is really important, as many participants use mobile devices when conneting to Zoom.
And it is important to have the same display on ALL kinds of devices, computers or mobile.

Thanks for your answer.

Multiple spotlight being broadcast to the audience watching in speaker view or on cell phones would be SO valuable to have. I believe someone called it “co-presenter” mode and that would be a perfect description for the option.

Also, I see @Picasso mentioned that when we “replace spotlight” or “spotlight for everyone” now the view switches to “speaker view” and I will also add my voice to that, it is very time-consuming switching to Gallery view again and again and again and again during a Q&A session. It would be SO nice if the view we choose would just stick.

Please help zoom devs! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Is it possible to change the focus when multiple spotlights are active? Now I see the yellow border for the one visible on mobile devices, streams and recordings. Or even better, make all the spotlighted persons visible everywhere.

Hello dear community and zoom team!
Let me give you some background on our use case first.
We are using the single spotlight option in our recurring meetings with 30 to 40 deaf people. So we all have our microphones muted and there is no auto spotlighting. Therefore we assign a Co-Host to handle the spotlighting as participants contribute to the meeting.

Lately we are getting reports that the spotlight at some point gets out of sync. The participants see the popup at the top „A is spotlighted“ but Q (previously spotlighted) is still visible. When the spotlight is switched back to Q, the popup says „Q is spotlighted“ but A remains in full screen. So the popup is up to date but the actual visible spotlight always lags one participant behind. We see this behaviour in the current version 5.4.3 on multiple mobile devices.

When I was Co-Host today, I had the options „Add spotlight“ and „Replace spotlight“ when tapping on a participant in the list. Randomly the two options disappeared (during the same meeting) and only „Spotlight for everyone“ was available, only to be replaced by the first two options moments later. What happened there? My spotlight was also out of sync. I was logged in to the meeting on my Windows 10 machine and on my iPad simultaneously, being Co-Host on the iPad. The Windows client remained in sync with the spotlight, but the tablet always showed the previously spotlighted person, only updating the popup on switching.

Leaving and re-entering the meeting did not fix this, even when the zoom app has been shut down (swiped away) before joining again.

Do I have some weird settings issue, or is there some kind of bug in 5.4.3 to be fixed?
Any help would be very much appreciated.

Sorry to revive an old thread -

The ability to “release all spotlights” would also be very helpful, in a situation where you want to simply return to normal operating circumstances after having multiple spotlights. Currently the fastest method I’ve found is to replace spotlight, to get it down to one person, and then remove their spotlight, but it’s a clunky process.

I echo the above comments about needing the multi-spotlight view on mobile devices, and streaming options. The multi-spotlight option was a VERY welcome addition, but with it not being consistent across all endpoints, it is challenging to explain to clients/attendees.

2 Likes

I’d love to see multi-spotlight make it’s way to streaming and to the recordings as well.

2 Likes

Any update on the (missing) feature to also output multiple spotlight videos to a Youtube or Custom Stream???

1 Like

I made a Stream to youtube and miss alot this feature :frowning:
At Zoom everything work fine but not to peoples at Youtube.
Plz some Plugin or something to have multiple spotlight videos to Youtube or Custom Stream?
I will need to use OBS Studio to transmit my screen to Youtube?
Thanks.

1 Like

Good news @chrugel - Zoom recently added this feature: multi-spotlight is now transmitted on live stream! Unfortunately I can’t find the exact release notes (I would prefer to share the official link from Zoom here), but I can confirm that this now works on “custom live stream” - multiple spotlights now appear.

Certainly! Creating a multiple spotlight video with a picture-in-picture effect can be a wonderful addition to a wedding video. It allows you to showcase different moments or perspectives simultaneously, adding depth and visual interest to the final production. Here’s how you can incorporate the multiple spotlight video effect into a wedding video:

1. Gather your video footage: Collect all the video clips you have from the wedding, including the main ceremony, speeches, dances, and other memorable moments. These clips will serve as your multiple video sources.
  2. Choose your video editing software: Select a video editing software that supports picture-in-picture functionality. Popular options like Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro, or iMovie work well for this purpose.

wedding-sparklers

Thanks for sharing the rollback link! It’s always helpful to have options. :+1: