NewTek NDI Input & Output

You don’t need an additional license. The conference can be created and managed by this separate standard Zoom client, as well as see the streams via NDI, via a Skype account that will be connected to the same conference. I hope I could explain it clearly.

6 Likes

I didn’t understand kkkkk. I need to activate the function for Skype users to be able to login, right? When I try to log in, a message appears that the lync service (Skype) is not enabled. I just can’t activate it because I’m just a member of the account. If you can explain better thank you!

5 Likes

You’re right! I was wrong. Need a license with the ability to add lync
as in the manual https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/208219346-Skype-for-Business-Lync-Integration#h_c70d05e7-1c0d-4b1e-87df-ee0d5d10fc9c

This method is listed on the official source as a feature in Skype for Business but it also works in the regular Skype app

5 Likes

Sorry that’s right, you need the ability to connect to Lync

6 Likes

I tested it here, but you can’t capture each participant individually :frowning:

6 Likes

Not sure if Zoom check this thread but I join my voice to everyone here. Zoom is the most amazing visioconf software and I have seen a lot of usefull new features recently (specially for those relative to music/audio purpose) but NDI output support is maybe the one I am waiting for really long time and the one that can really make the difference with Teams and Skype. Even if it would be limited to one or two NDI output to be specified among the participants…

For the moment I’ve found a little “trick” by using a second Zoom instance in a Virtual Machine and catch a full screen of a pinned participant in OBS (something such as here : https://youtu.be/-Jytk7-W580) but that doesn’t work if the host account needs to promote OBS output virtualCam as the one to be shown everywhere.

Please Zoom, think about the benefit and revolution of a such feature !

6 Likes

several months have passed and we still do not see that update to be able to have the camera of each guest separately through the NDI systems

6 Likes

/ping!

We can not let this thread be closed until we have the resource available!

Zoom, listen to their consumers.

6 Likes

+1 need update on this or at least some type of response that it’s being worked on…

6 Likes

Adding to the chorus…in my position as a synagogue rabbi, NDI support would expand our programming capabilities significantly. Please update us. Thanks!

6 Likes

ping!

We can not let this thread be closed until we have the resource available!

Zoom, listen to their consumers.

8 Likes

I would like to request Zoom’s NDI support as well!

7 Likes

It’s unbelievable how Zoom is not responding nor giving any information in this thread!

Please, give us a status about NDI output support.

10 Likes

I too need to be able to use NDI out for zoom even if it an active view and gallery view i would like that. But the ability to pull individual video would be nice too

6 Likes

In the hope someone at zoom will ever look at this thread. We really need this.

6 Likes

I am tired of trying to convince my clients to use Skype so that I can search for them individually with NDI. Zoom should have already implemented this feature. This feature is the only thing missing for Zoom to effectively dominate the video call market.

7 Likes

The fact that this is the single most replied to thread in the forum (the other NDI request thread is third) really speaks to how important this is to so many users.

Tommy mentioned it would be available after the 90 day plan, which ended the middle of last year. Some users report that it can be added by calling sales, and after many hours in chat with sales and support, today we discovered that the beta can only be added to very large accounts. So this feature exists and is working in beta, but to get it you need a university IT department to understand why you want it and be willing to spend hours talking to sales.

When can we expect an update from zoom?

6 Likes

Just yet another post. We were ready to come back to Zoom and subscribe at whatever is the highest level, budget is not a concern. This is just to abandon Skype, which we’re hanging on to solely for the NDI support. But alas, it looks like it will be Skype for a long time yet. Bummer.

8 Likes

Guys, to significantly increase traffic for this topic, consider liking all other posts. If each of us does it, the overall likes that will be left will be gigantic. #guerrillaLIKEting :rofl:

7 Likes

Teams is going to completely own the Broadcast space if Zoom continues to sleep on this feature.

8 Likes