Not getting 720p in Customized Meeting UI

I am using Customized Meeting UI
I am trying to enable 720p but in showVideoListLayout() i can see only low resolution video. In the same device I can see 720p video using my old Example2 app for the same meeting.
Can someone please tell me the steps to achieve 720p?

I am having the exact same issue.

Can someone help with this?

I’ve called enable720p(true) before and after calling customizeduienabled(true)
I also tried calling enable720 right after sdk init is successful yet using customized Ui enabled does not show me the videos of participants sharing videos in 720p, infact it drops around 320 and 480p consistenty.

I’ve even compared in split screen mode on my samsung galaxy S22 ultra and the app using example2 is working in 720p but customizedui for same meeting does not show 720p

Can I have some input here? 720p is really important and big deal in our use case.

Would I get a better Support if I pay for a Support Package? I got a lot riding on this and I can’t even get a simple triage here for over 7 days

Still need help. My deployment is paused because I cannot deliver an HD streaming system to me client.

Hi @chaitanya.joshi95 ,

I would like to know if you’re sending or subscribing 720P failed. Also, we only have addActiveVideoUnit and updateActiveVideoUnit these 2 functions support 720P, are you using one of these functions? Thank you

I would like to know if you’re sending or subscribing 720P failed.

Not sure what you mean by this, If you mean whether I’m trying to watch it as 720p from someone else presenting, then yes. I cannot see my participant’s video at 720.

Also, we only have addActiveVideoUnit and updateActiveVideoUnit these 2 functions support 720P, are you using one of these functions? Thank you

Does this mean using addAttendeeVideoUnit won’t work? if no, how would I go by pinning the video (as the user wants within the app) and have it in HD?

Use Case : Imagine I have 2 people presenting in the meeting, but I would like to give users a choice to watch either of the 2, so I am using addAttendeeVideoUnit function and fetching userIDs of the presenters and letting user choose whose video they want to watch.
My use case cannot be changed because within the presentation 2 separate participants are streaming and each of them are presenting same content but 2 different languages and my users can choose which language presentation they want to watch. I cannot achieve that with addActiveVideoUnit

The default Video sometimes goes as bad as 180p. And I have no clue how to fix it. I even tried addActiveVideoUnit with no 720p

Hi @chaitanya.joshi95 ,

Yes, currently we do not support addAttendeeVideoUnit for 720P video. I already added a feature request internally to see whether we’re able to add a function supporting pinning the user and subscribing to its 720P video.
Thank you.

Elaine

Hi @Chintan,

Although you have enabled the 720P video feature, the video resolution will change based on the network status. Had you ever successfully received 720P video?
Thank you

Elaine

Had you ever successfully received 720P video?

Every single second using defaultSDK but for a same meeting the moment I switch to customizedmeeetingui the quality goes down.
EDIT: Apologies, I thought it was question to me, but I have above behavior anyway

Yes, currently we do not support addAttendeeVideoUnit for 720P video.

That is really unfortunate :frowning:

I already added a feature request internally to see whether we’re able to add a function supporting pinning the user and subscribing to its 720P video.

That’s awesome. Thanks. I really hope its prioritized

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.