Not receiving “In-meeting chat message received” events when a guest send a chat message

Hi,

I’m having troubles receiving “In-meeting chat message received” events.

My account plan is Zoom One Pro.
I’m working on an OAuth App that should be able to receive chat messages sent by the users during their Zoom meetings.
“In-meeting chat message received” event is selected among the other events in “Event Subscriptions” app section.
DLP is enabled by the support team.
Webhook URL is verified, and I can receive the event by the chat message I, as a host, sent but not the chat message a guest sent.
Since the chat message I sent fires the event properly, I don’t think there is a problem in my code and I’m assuming I’m missing something in the app setting. I would appreciate any advice.

Thank you for posting in the Zoom Developer Forum. A couple of questions:

1. Can you clarify what you mean by DLP ?

2. Also, is this guest user in your account?

3. Have you tested if events are fired for users within your account? If so, what was the result?

Hi Donte,
Thank you for your reply.

Here are the answers to your questions.

1. The DLP (Data Loss Prevention) system, as referenced below.
    Missing `meeting.chat_message_sent` in Event types list for OAuth App - #8 by elisa.zoom
  1. No, the guest is not in my account.

2. I just tested and events are fired for users within in my account.

Is there anything I can do to make events fire for users who are not in my account?

@akamai ,
To get events for users outside of your account, the user will have to go through the OAuth flow. Learn more about using Webhooks here:

Here is a helpful Developer Forum post on this topic:

And here is helpful support documentation on this topic as well:

OAuth2, JWTs, and JWKs

Hi,

My app is created as an OAuth app already and the Event notification endpoint URL was validated successfully.
Could you give me a specific part of setting that I need to work on to get events for users outside of your account, please?

@akamai ,

To obtain events for a user outside of your account, your Zoom Marketplace App needs to be published and the user must grant your app access via the OAuth 2.0 flow. Refer to our documentation on preparing your app for review:

Let me know if this helps.