Participant_left webhook missing email even though participant_joined webhook has it

API Endpoint(s) and/or Zoom API Event(s)

• meeting.participant_left event

Description
My company uses Zoom webhooks to keep track of our users’ attendance to meetings. We’ve occasionally been getting participant_left webhook events where the email field is an empty string for meeting.participant_left. This is despite us getting the emails included for the same users for the corresponding meeting.participant_joined events. In our setup, we pre-register everyone for the meeting so everyone should have an associated email.

This is causing us production issues with tracking meeting attendance.

Error?
No explicit error, missing data.

How To Reproduce
Unsure. It’s sporadic. I’m happy to provide meeting_ids, user_ids and other data over DM.

This is bizarre. Especially since you’re getting the emails for meeting.participant_joined.

Please share the following in a private message:

• client id for app where events are set up
  • developer email
  • meeting ids where behavior is observed
  • screenshots where you have observed this behavior for a few participants

Please share webhooks that are as recent as possible, preferably within the last 3 days. At this time, we are only able to access logs within past 7 days so I want to account for potential delays in investigation.

Thanks!

Thanks for the quick reply @gianni.zoom ! How do I start a private message?

Hi @akshit ,

I started the private message last week and just followed up there again. Click on your profile pic to see notifications. You can also navigate to the letter icon. That’s where the messages are :slight_smile:

Happy to close this for now since the issue hasn’t happened in 7 days. I can reopen if needed!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.