Polling options via Web SDK disabled?

Description
After downloading Web SDK version, launching it on the webserver and joining a meeting, user is not able to submit vote because the vote options are disabled

Error
No error

Which Web Client SDK version?

Screenshots

Device (please complete the following information):

• Device: HP Desktop PC
  • Browser: Chrome
  • Browser Version Versie 90.0.4430.85 (Officiële build) (64-bits)

In the vote dialig it’s mentionned ‘Host and participants can’t vote’
Is this because the participant is a guest and needs to be authenticated to be able to vote?

Or is there something else going wrong?

Thx
Frederik

Hey @frederik.gysel,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. First, please test with the latest version of the Web SDK (1.9.1) and let me know if you see different behavior.

Thanks,
Max

Hi @MaxM ,

After upgrading to v1.9.1, participants are able to vote, thank you.

But… the vote registration is not done with the name & e-mail entered but as ‘guest’:

Is it possible to do the registration with the user name & e-mail entered on index.html page?

Thx
Frederik

Hey @frederik.gysel,

I’m glad that helped! Are you able to offer more information on how you’re generating that report? I’ll reproduce the issue and then reach out to our engineering team if necessary.

Thanks,
Max

Hi @MaxM,

Sorry for late reply…

Once poll is finished, I press the button ‘Download’ at the bottom of the poll dialog:

I just tried it once more for meeting ID 87636368225 and the report still contains ‘Guest’ in the field ‘User Name’:

As you can see in my first post, I am using Web Client SDK (version 1.9.1)

Thx
Frederik

@MaxM,

This looks like an old issue.

Please see:

and

Apparently fix for this was planned for Oct20?

When is the implementation of the fix foreseen?
Are there any alternatives to avoid ‘guest’ registration in polling?

Rgds
Frederik

Hey @frederik.gysel,

Thanks for providing more detail, that’s a good find. I’ve reached out to the engineers that handled that issue to see if they can confirm if the fix was deployed and if not, provide a timeline. (CS-3326)

Thanks,
Max

Hi @MaxM, any news from the engineers?

Thx
Frederik

Hey @frederik.gysel,

No news just yet but I’ve reached back out to them to see if they are able to provide an update.

Thanks,
Max

Hi @MaxM ,

Still no feedback from the engineers?

Thx
Frederik

Hey @frederik.gysel,

Thanks for your patience. So far, we haven’t been able to reproduce this issue internally so we’re looking for more information.

Can you clarify what you mean by registering the user with the index.html page?

You’ll want to register users prior to the meeting. We don’t have a method to register them using SDK directly but you can use the Add Meeting Registrant API.

Also, make sure that you aren’t checking the box to make the poll anonymous as shown here.

Thanks,
Max

Hi @MaxM,

With user name & e-mail entered on index.html page in mean the content of below highlighted fields of the Web SDK:

Registering users via API might be an option but then I get back a join URL like https://us02web.zoom.us/w/000000000?tk=cAG............... which will lead me to the Zoom app while I would like to stay in the Web SDK integrated in my website.

PS: anonymous checkbox is not selected.

Thanks
Frederik

Hey @frederik.gysel ,

Regarding registration, checkout the newly supported as of version 1.9.5 Web Client SDK registration flow here:

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

Great! It works!

Thanks a lot @tommy & @MaxM

Rgds
Frederik

2 Likes

Hey @frederik.gysel,

I’m glad that helped! Just to clarify, are you still seeing the issue with Polling on the latest version of the Web SDK?

Thanks,
Max

Hi @MaxM ,

Poll votes are still registered as ‘Guest’ with the latest version. (1.9.5)

But, by use of the Add Meeting Registrant API function combined with the suggestion of @tommy (to stay in the Web SDK) I am now able to see who voted.

Thx
Frederik

Hey @frederik.gysel,

Thanks for the update, I’m glad that you have a path forward! I’ll update our team.

Thanks,
Max

1 Like