Problem with Hilt in Zoom Android SDK

Description
Hello. I am using zoom custom ui in my app. And I noticed that after adding the @AndroidEntryPoint (Hilt) annotation for the fragment in which the SDK Zoom is used, the dialog “This conference is being recorded by the organizer and participant” ceases to be displayed. If the annotation is removed, the dialog displays normally when someone is recording a video of the meeting.

Which Android Meeting SDK version?

To Reproduce(If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. meetingSettingsHelper.isCustomizedMeetingUIEnabled = true
  2. Add the Hilt @AndroidEntryPoint annotation to the fragment in which the work with ZOOM SDK takes place
  3. The host starts the meeting and starts recording the meeting
  4. Participant joins the meeting
  5. Message “This conference is being recorded by the organizer and participant” is not displayed
  6. If you remove the @AndroidEntryPoint annotation and rejoin the meeting, the dialog displays normally

The problem is only reproduced if you use ZOOM SDK + Fragment + @AndroidEntryPoint. If you use Activity + ZOOM SDK + @AndroidEntryPoint everything works.

Smartphone (please complete the following information):

• Device: Pixel 3XL

Hi @albert.kobiakov, thanks for using our SDK.

Just to make sure I’m understanding correctly, the issue is that when you are using a Fragment to contain your custom UI, and only when that Fragment is annotated with @AndroidEntryPoint, the recording consent dialog is not shown, right? Is this issue present with an empty Fragment & Activity under these circumstances, or is there anything implemented inside of them?

I am not aware of any internal testing environments we have for the Android SDK which use Hilt, so I want to make sure we get the details right in order to protect against this in the future. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks!

The problem is reproduced only for the fragment. Checked absolutely on an empty fragment, nothing is implemented, only work with Zoom SDK

For example import android.os.Bundleimport android.util.Logimport android.view.LayoutInf - Pastebin.com

Thanks for the additional context! We will investigate this issue and let you know once we have an update.

I can confirm this behavior. I recently upgrading my app to use Hilt and I noticed the recording popup was not showing. I thought this was just a continuation of the existing issue discussed on the forum a couple months back where the recording dialog was not popping up if you joined a meeting where recording was already in progress.

However I downgraded my app back to a point before I introduced Hilt and the recording dialog is now popping up. Both when joining a meeting where recording is already in progress and when recording starts at a later point.

So the issue I was having back in November seems solved with SDK v5.9.1.3674. But now I’m broken again because I’m using Hilt.

Hope you followed all that @jon.zoom! :slight_smile:

Thanks for letting us know that you are seeing the same behavior @vuzix_greg!

Hi @albert.kobiakov @vuzix_greg,

We were able to identify a fix for this which will be included in the next release.

Thanks!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.