Properly implement Zoom sdk in iOS

My requirement is to implement video calling in our app. For that purpose we are planning to integrate Zoom. We want the app to not require any authentication or sign up on Zoom. I’m scratching my head off trying to get in terms with it. Non Login User flow says that it can be used to start meeting without user login but it requires to generate a ZAK token which cannot be generated without an access token and access token cannot be generated without authorization via Oauth flow.

I have created a Zoom Sdk app in the Market place. Let me know if i’m going in the wrong direction.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Hi @hassan.javed89000, thanks for using our SDK.

You can join a meeting anonymously (i.e. without user authentication), but not as a non-login user. The naming is a little confusing, but you are correctly understanding that a non-login user would require a ZAK, which requires user authentication.

To join a meeting without logging in you can call joinMeetingWithJoinParam and provide an instance of MobileRTCMeetingJoinParam. At a minimum you would need to provide a meetingNumber and displayName (also a password if the meeting has one).

Thanks!

And what about start meeting?

Hi @hassan.javed89000,

In order to start a meeting, you must be the owner of the meeting. This means that you would need to have a Zoom account, resulting in the need for user authentication. You mentioned not wanting to use this approach, but if you change your mind our SDK OAuth documentation would be a good place to start.

Thanks!

Thank you for the information. If i create a meeting from backend(via code) as an account admin and share meeting link with the users, will that approach work?

Hi @hassan.javed89000,

You can definitely create the meeting through the REST API and send a join link to users. The only consideration to be aware of is that if the host of the meeting is not going to join, that you have enabled the join before host setting. For more information about how to implement that through the REST API, you can check out our API documentation or post over in the #api-and-webhooks.

After creating the meeting, you can join through the SDK using the method mentioned earlier in this topic. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks!

Ok. I will check that. One more thing, we have an enterprise account. Will it be sufficient for this purpose, like we have 2k customers in the app.

Hi @hassan.javed89000,

Your account type should not have any impact on how you use the SDK to join a meeting, so everything mentioned still applies.

Thanks!

I have been able to start and join a meeting. I want to integrate Apple’s Callkit with it. Is that any way of doing this?

Hi @hassan.javed89000,

This appears to be a duplicate of a question you had asked in another topic. Please do not post the same content multiple times as it can make the forum more difficult to navigate for other users.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.