[Resolved with 1.7.4+] Web SDK / Web Client from browser: 403 Forbidden

Same here, is there a known fix for this issue? @michael_p.zoom

4 Likes

I still haven’t been able to get either the sample web sdk app or my app to work with the provided implementation in the docs.
I’ve tried adding a valid Zoom account email like someone mentioned above but that didn’t work either.

2 Likes

Just updated to 1.7.4 and still not working.

/`**/localJsonpCallback({"status":false,"errorCode":-1,"errorMessage":"Unknown error.","result":null});`

Meeting config info (obfuscated some numbers in the snippet):

6 Likes

Just like a few others when we try to start a meeting using WebSDK 1.7.4, we get an error in the console: errorCode: 403, errorMessage: “The service is temporarily”. I went thru sample in GitHub and ensured my changes for 1.7.4 match the recent GitHub changeset.

Is anyone working using 1.7.4 without requiring meeting attendees to register with Zoom?

Hey everyone,

In order to assist you faster and for developers with the same issues to easier track them, please create new threads with the error as the title.

Thanks,
Tommy

Please DM me a new meeintg ID as well

What does it mean that the user must login? the sample web app doesn’t have any ‘login functionality’, how do we make this work? I’m also getting either 403 or joining meeting timeout on trying out the sample web apop.

@tommy @michael_p.zoom

Thanks for pushing the update, it looks like we’re back in business. Question though - several announcements indicate the V1 APIs are going to be deprecated in May 2020. The WebSDK code appears to utilize the V1 APIs, specifically api/v1/wc/info.

Can we expect that this library should continue to work when you all do deprecate the v1 apis? Trying to plan ahead here so that we don’t have more suprise downtime in a few weeks.

we are still getting the intermitten 403 and cannot connect errors even after upgrading from 1.7.2 to 1.7.4

Dev5, not sure if this helps, but we encountered that as well - it appears as though several clients had cached versions of the scripts. We adjusted our cache settings and all appears to be working.

thanks for replying - I don’t think this issue is specific to cache, because we are using the zoom cdn url which changed with the upgrade, ie from https://source.zoom.us/zoom-meeting-1.7.2.min.js to https://source.zoom.us/zoom-meeting-1.7.4.min.js

it doesn’t appear to be happening for all our users, just some of them. I don’t know if the jwt credentials are having issues for some accounts and not others. I’ve tried regenerating the jwt on the account with issues and that hasn’t solved it.

We’re getting a 403 with a message that looks half baked, “The service is temporarily”. I think they meant to say “temporarily offline” but it only says “The service is temporarily”… I grabbed a screenshot in case that’s helpful which includes the console readout of the full error

We have been experiencing the same issue since the upgrade to 1.7.4. We de-authorized and re-authorized our app, but I did not resolve the issue. Jmauck. What update did they push out for you to resolve your issue?

don’t think this is the issue as I’m in incognito and with no cache

I am also getting the 403 “The service is temporarily” error using the npm @zoomus/websdk package version 1.7.4

We just adjusted the headers for our app to make sure our index.js had a fresh copy. We’re using the CDN version as well, but a couple clients had a cached version of OUR index. Sounds like you guys are having a different issue.

1 Like

hello,

For everybody who have connection time out
i managed to make it work after a couple hours of testing
it’s tricky

maybe that could help us:

1. start an instant meeting on client
  2. connect with websdk from browser,
  3. Fill meeting ID field with instant meeting no password require if you have configure zoom account asking no password for instant meeting
  4. click on join button
  5. In the client admit the new participant
  6. In the browser you will see the famous message connect timeout
  7. Don’t worry, click on retry and click once again on join button
  8. The participant is finally connect

fky

1 Like

Hey everyone,

We are working on a fix for this. And will update this thread.

In the meantime to fix this, you could try disabling the waiting room feature.

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

Hi @tommy, it’s my first use to the Web Sdk, I just cloned this sample project sample-app-web I added my credentials, and I ran the project and got this message:

And in the console:
{method: “join”, status: false, result: null, errorMessage: undefined, errorCode: 1}

I even tried to turn off the waiting room feature, but still doesn’t work.

Am I missing something in the configuration?
Please advice.

hi @tommy @michael_p.zoom . Im new to web sdk and just now i have cloned the sample app from the git . After providing my keys , its showing me an error “The signature has expired.”

Im using a windows 10 system , with Chrome/80.0.3987.149 installed

Hi @s.obeidat,

What is the meeting ID that you used? Can you make sure that the meeting ID is a valid one? This time if the 403 request error shows up, click retry to see if you can join the meeting. This is a workaround until we deploy a new version of WebSDK in the coming days.