Retrieving Personal and Cloud Contact Information

API Endpoint(s) and/or Zoom API Event(s)
phone.recording_completed

Description
I am currently utilizing the Zoom Phone API’s webhook (phone.recording_completed) to capture caller and callee phone numbers and names upon call completion. However, I have encountered an issue where the name field is populated with the phone number instead, preventing me from obtaining the names of the individuals I spoke with. It is worth noting that I have already ensured that my Personal Contacts contain the necessary information, associating names with respective phone numbers.

Therefore, in addition to requesting your assistance in providing instructions or guidance on how to retrieve contact information from Personal Contacts and Cloud Contacts using the API, I kindly ask for your insight regarding the potential reasons why the webhook is not displaying the corresponding names.

I would be grateful for any documentation, code samples, or relevant resources you can share to assist me in retrieving contact information correctly.

Error?
Nothing

How To Reproduce
request
webhook phone.recording_completed

account level app

response
{
Event:phone.recording_completed,
Object: {
Recordings: [
{
ID:XXXXXXXXXX,
CallerNumber:OwnerNumber,
CallerNumberType: 1,
CallerName:OwnerName,
CalleeNumber:XXX-XXX-XXXX,
CalleeNumberType: 2,
CalleeName: XXX-XXX-XXXX,
},
],
},
Owner:{
Type:user,
ID:XXXXXXXX,
Name:OwnerName,
ExtensionNumber:OwnerNumber,
HasAccessPermission:false
}

Hi @takuya.kawauchi

This is unexpected behavior. Do you have a recent example of this occurring? If so, I will private message you for the more details.

To retrieve contact info:

• External Contacts: Zoom Phone API
  • Get users call logs (array of calls and you can map the call log ids to the ones from the webhook): Zoom Phone API
  • Get call log details (pass a specific call log id obtained from the webhook and see if the callee/caller names are provided): Zoom Phone API