Return to Galley View after Spotlight cancel

As the OP of this topic I want to say thanks to you all who have chimed in so far.

As you all can see, a dozen or so votes isn’t going to move the needle towards resolving this anytime soon. Worse, there is no acknowledgment from Zoom, so it feels like wishful thinking. I suppose Zoom may have much bigger fish to fry in terms of business & ROI. But gosh, this seems like a no-brainer. I can’t help but wonder what really happens with these suggestions & how they get processed.

Zoom should invest in technology that uses AI to measure sentiment, so they can easily uncover what’s important and get further affirmation by putting ideas to a vote. People can’t vote for what they don’t know about. I work for one of those auto analytics companies, so I can attest to the fact that the technology exist to easily measure sentiment from written text.

This forum is more elaborate than usual, so I would be surprised if it doesn’t have a way to assimilate all of this great user feedback. It certainly seems like a mystery.

Maybe this is already coded into the next release, but it sure would be nice to know.

| 2021 :arrows_clockwise: |

1 Like

I think this is referred to as a “bug”. They could not have intended that the user is supposed to switch view every time sharing or spotlighting.

I know there’s a LOT of users wanting this but they are just ordinary “users” with no ability to give feedback nor knowing HOW to do it.

Zoom must listen more to both contributers and developers to fulfill the experience for users in the best way possible. In the end they pay for the product.

1 Like

As a user who holds many meetings with large groups I have had to stop using Spotlight Video as it confuses so many participants when they are returned to Speaker View and not the Gallery View they had set and prefer. It would be great to be able to use Speaker View but the chaos that is caused when people end up with a view they don’t want when Spotlight View is released disrupts the flow of the meeting.

This is top of my “would like” list.

I agree - this would be a HUGE improvement. It’s a total problem to have to go back to speaker view after spotlight.