Return to Galley View after Spotlight cancel

I think this is referred to as a “bug”. They could not have intended that the user is supposed to switch view every time sharing or spotlighting.

I know there’s a LOT of users wanting this but they are just ordinary “users” with no ability to give feedback nor knowing HOW to do it.

Zoom must listen more to both contributers and developers to fulfill the experience for users in the best way possible. In the end they pay for the product.

1 Like

As a user who holds many meetings with large groups I have had to stop using Spotlight Video as it confuses so many participants when they are returned to Speaker View and not the Gallery View they had set and prefer. It would be great to be able to use Speaker View but the chaos that is caused when people end up with a view they don’t want when Spotlight View is released disrupts the flow of the meeting.

This is top of my “would like” list.

1 Like

I agree - this would be a HUGE improvement. It’s a total problem to have to go back to speaker view after spotlight.

1 Like

Absoutely agree with this request. Zoom currently seems to be confused as to who has control of the participants view - either the participant themselves or the host. It seems to me this has led to the situation where one can do one thing, but not reverse it. The proposal to restore the previous view once spotlight is cancelled seems to be ideal.

1 Like

I too would love to see this - I provide training on how to use Zoom in many different environments and this feature would broaden its use considerably - especially in performances

1 Like

Guys, here is the reason this request won’t get any traction from here. Notice when posting a new topic in this forum, the following note from Zoom:

*This is for developer-specific feature requests. For other requests please contact our customer support team.

3 Likes

Could not agree more! This would be a HUGE benefit to have changed!

1 Like

It would be super helpful to have this feature especially when you work with handicapped people who wont be able to touch the screen to switch back to gallery view. I consider this as a crucial part of the spotlight feature.

1 Like

Absolutely an essential feature for anyone hosting meetings with participants who are joining in and are not regular Zoom users. You don’t always have the time to explain to large audiences in a meeting how to change the view as it is already a monumental achievement getting some people to join a Zoom tour, party, training session, fitness class, art class, religious meeting, or in my case remote support. This would make the host and cohosts job managing of the meetings much easier.

1 Like

Absolutely! or, if zoom could remember what the users last view was. If they were on speaker view or gallery view then that is what it reverts back to when spotlight finishes.

1 Like

I just starting using spotlight. I had no idea initially that it did not revert back to gallery view. I need my classes participants to see each other.

1 Like

I couldn’t agree more. I am a standard co-host running the zoom features several large meetings each week. I spotlight, Pin, mute, unmute, running security, keep an eye on everyone joining—because we were zoom bombed by racist anti-Semitic tyrants.

The biggest pain is that after I spotlight someone that each person has to reach up and go to view then gallery and the host that is busy doing other things, then has to constantly change to gallery.

Zoom is under the impression that most people are just sitting around chatting and talking to each other. A lot of times there is a host demonstrating or maybe even performing or demonstrating and performing and the last thing they wanna do is continually change the gallery and the last thing that the co-host wants to do is make sure everyone is changing back to gallery.

Just common sense, It would go back to Gallery after you remove the spotlight.

I think zoom is still quite a ways away from really making it a streamline process for this type of zoom meeting. For example there should be a choice “REMOVE SPOTLIGHT GO BACK TO GALLERY” You shouldn’t have to remove Spotlight then go up to View then go to Gallery. Should be a drop-down menu right on the persons “…” Says remove spotlight go to gallery and that puts everyone back to Gallery!

I couldn’t agree more. I am a standard co-host running the zoom features for several large meetings each week. I spotlight, Pin, mute, unmute, running security, keep an eye on everyone joining—because we were zoom bombed by racist anti-Semitic tyrants.

The biggest pain is that after I spotlight someone that each person has to reach up and go to view then gallery and the host that is busy doing other things, then has to constantly change to gallery. Explaining it is even a bigger pain.

Zoom is under the impression that most people are just sitting around chatting and talking to each other. A lot of times there is a host demonstrating or maybe even performing or demonstrating and performing and the last thing they want to do is continually change the gallery and the last thing that the co-host wants to do is make sure everyone is changing back to gallery.

Just common sense, It would go back to Gallery after you remove the spotlight.

I think zoom is still quite a ways away from really making it a streamline process for this type of zoom meeting. For example there should be a choice “REMOVE SPOTLIGHT GO BACK TO GALLERY” You shouldn’t have to remove Spotlight then go up to View then go to Gallery. Zoom is great, just like anything, improving is the key!!

1 Like

Mentioned above is the reason no action abou t this will happen from this thread. Mods, please lock this topic as it is pointless for people to continue to make requests here.

2 Likes

Use the following link to petition Zoom to correct this issue. Thanks

3 Likes

Submitted. Please do the same everyone else. This needs to be fixed!

Hi Zoom developers, please add feature that Host could control how participants view will continue after spotlighting. Our weekly meetings there is people with very different technical skills (older people for example) and changing to gallery view back after spotlight can be challenging for them.

It’s clearly something we need.
Since Zoom allows you to define what participants see (spotlight mode) you must have the option to undo it later (and let users have their previous setting automatically).
It’s an easy implementation, and not having this makes a bad experience for participants, even more if they have limited tech capabilities, or disabilities.