Singificant audio problems (cracking noises and hissing noises) since about 2021-08-21

Description
Since few weeks we have singificant audio problems (cracking noises and hissing noises).
We use the “Share: Computer Audio” to share music, and all mics are disabled.
The cracking noises and hissing noises is also recorded on the cloud recordings.

The cracking noises and hissing noises seam to occur totally random, somtimes the next noice comes after few seconds, sometimes after 30 minutes.

The problem occured regardless which Windows Zoom client the audio shared (we used devices on different places and with different Internet providers shared their audio).

Which Windows Meeting SDK version?
This problem seem to occure on different Windows Meeting SDK and normal Zoom clients.

Additional context
To narrow down the problem on the time scale:
2021-07-21: the problem didn’t exist yet
2021-08-21: I observed the problem for the first time
2021-09-04: the problem still exist
On every date we did technically the same with the same Zoom, computer and audio configurations.

What can we do?

Hey @chris999,

Thanks for using the dev forum!

Can you provide the SDK version number you are using?

Thanks!
Michael

Hi,

I’m using Windows Meeting SDK v5.4.54802.0124

But the problem also seam to occur with other clients.

Best,
Chris

Hey @chris999,

The version you are using is outdated. Are there any clients using the latest version that are also experiencing this issue?

Thanks!
Michael

Hi Michael,

I also observed the same problem with Windows Meeting SDK v5.7.1.644 and with Zoom Client for Windows 5.7.7 (1105).

Best,
Chris

Hey @chris999,

Since this is happening in the client as well, you will have to submit a bug report here: Sending a problem report and client logs – Zoom Help Center

Thanks!
Michael

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.