Single sign-on and API via JWT

Using this template helps us debug your issues more effectively :slight_smile:

Description
I am building an app for a client who has a zoom account with single sign-on. My client represents a school where the students should be able to create zoom meetings through the app. I’ve read that the API requires a user to create a meeting. My question is this: does single sign-on change the fact that a user is required to create a meeting? Does single sign on affect the use of the API at all? I don’t know if the students are all already users on their zoom account or not. If they don’t, can I just create users on the fly to represent students so I can create meetings? This doesn’t seem like a good practice, because I’d have to delete users from client’s zoom account every so often to keep the number of users under the limit. I understand that that limit is 9999 for a licensed account - is that correct?

Error
N/A

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
JWT

Which Endpoint/s?
POST to /users/{userId}/meetings

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:
N / A

Hi @hlowso,

Good questions—happy to help clarify.

I’ve read that the API requires a user to create a meeting

Correct

My question is this: does single sign-on change the fact that a user is required to create a meeting?

No, a user will still need to be designated as a host when the meeting is created.

Does single sign on affect the use of the API at all?

SSO shouldn’t affect how you create meetings via API

I don’t know if the students are all already users on their zoom account or not. If they don’t, can I just create users on the fly to represent students so I can create meetings?

I would recommend calling the List Users endpoint to verify this first. If they aren’t users on the account, they would need to be added before you’d be able to schedule meetings on their behalf.

I understand that that limit is 9999 for a licensed account

This is correct, 9,999 users per account.

Let me know if this helps—thanks!
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.