ssoCreate method is marking some as pending

Hiyas

I’m creating phone users and doing some configuration like assigning ext, calling_plan and their number via the API.

Using the ssoCreate option and have SSO setup successfully using Azure AD.

For most I am creating, this is working fine, but for more than a small amount of users, they are instead getting the status of pending, with the non-SSO setup flow where Zoom sends an activation email to get them to log in.

Would anyone have clues why that is happening for some?
I’ve checked a few of those users, and they look identical in AD, in the same group I’ve assigned for SSO.
I can’t see why it is picking out those users and ssoCreate is not working for them.

Thanks, Alex

Please check the domain name of the email address domain associated with working users and the email address domain associated with users that are ‘pending’.

Email domains must be verified/associated.

@justin.steinberg,

Any other suggestions? We haven’t had any issues up until this point it seems.

Our domain has been verified and we’ve been creating users fine via the ssoCreate action. Now, they are going into this pending state out of the blue. We still have SSO pre-provisioning enabled and that has never changed.

Hi Jarred

Your issue sounds different to the one I’m having, something I’m yet to spend more time on to figure out.

Yours sounds like one I’ve had myself, when you ssoCreate a user, but they don’t fully create and become a pending first level user (not a user within Zoom Phone section).

This happens when the user has at some previous point created a Zoom account using their work email with the domain you have have associated on your account.

To solve this I manually delete their pending account.
Then send the user an email to log into their Zoom account they previously created themselves and they will be presented with a dialog asking them to consolidate their account.
They need to choose the consolidate account option, then let you know they’ve done that.

And then the ssoCreate option will work for you, and you’ll notice on their Zoom account that they will have both a SSO icon and a envelope icon indicating they have 2 auth methods attached to their account.