Unable to update user recording settings

Description
I am attempting to update user settings, sending changes to the user’s settings via the api

Error
I get this error… 300 Request Body should be a valid JSON object." method=“post” enctype=“multipart/form-data” class=“cssForm admin_form”>

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
I think we are using OAuth

Which Endpoint/s?
/users/’ . $params[‘userId’] . '/settings/

we are doing lots of other fucntions via the Api with no problem, but for some reason our data isn’t being accepted, even though if I paste into json validator its ok ?

Here is what the log says we are sending

2022-03-16 12:03:58: {“userId”:“9LHFs1X3Qdij6pfZ_zqBsQ”,“email_notification”:,“feature”:,“in_meeting”:,“profile”:,“recording”:{“local_recording”:false,“cloud_recording”:true,“record_speaker_view”:false,“record_gallery_view”:false,“record_audio_file”:false,“record_audio_file_each_participant”:false,“save_chat_text”:false,“show_timestamp”:false,“recording_audio_transcript”:false,“auto_recording”:true,“ip_address_access_control”:true,“host_delete_cloud_recording”:true,“recording_disclaimer”:true,“ask_participants_to_consent_disclaimer”:true,“ask_host_to_confirm_disclaimer”:false,“auto_delete_cmr”:false,“required_password_for_shared_cloud_recordings”:true,“recording_password_requirement”:true},“schedule_meeting”:,“telephony”:,“tsp”:}

Hi @rich

Thanks for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum, I am happy to assist here!
I identify an error in the request body you are sending that might be causing you getting this 300 code error.

Note that in your “ip_address_access_control” you are setting the value to true, and in our Docs, it is an object with the fields “enable” and “ip_addresses _or_ranges”

Hope this helps,
Elisa

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.