I’ve encountered an issue with the Zoom Web SDK related to WebAssembly memory allocation, specifically a
malloc error. This issue arises when integrating the Zoom SDK into my web application. Local is working fine but when build is deployed to my UAT server, this error occurs. Might potentially be Content-Security-Policy issue as referenced on unable-to-join-meeting-in-google-chrome
- Zoom Web SDK Version: (@zoomus/websdk, v2.18.2)
- Browser: Chrome
- Operating System: Windows
- Issue is identical to the thread linked above
Steps to Reproduce:
- Integrate Zoom Web SDK into the web application.
- Initialize the SDK and join a meeting.
- “Join Audio by Computer” button is disabled, user cannot see/hear any audio or visual from zoom itself
Expected Behavior: The Zoom Web SDK should initialize and function without any WebAssembly related errors.
Actual Behavior: The following error is displayed in the console:
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'malloc')
at Module._malloc (...)
- The issue seems related to the way the Zoom SDK uses WebAssembly for audio/video processing.
- The error is critical as it impacts the functionality of the Zoom integration in the application.
- The solution mentioned in unable-to-join-meeting-in-google-chrome was to include ‘unsafe-eval’ into Content-Security-Policy but we cannot allow any vulnerability to occur. Are there any updates to this ‘SDK specific Browser Compatibility’? What can be the workaround?