Use of Automatic Provisioning of AzureAD after June 2023

This is my first submission.
Please give me your best regards.

We confirm the following statement at the top of the page at “https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115005887566

Note: The JWT app type will be deprecated in June 2023. We recommend that you create Server-to-Server OAuth or OAuth apps to replace the functionality of a At this time, configuring Zoom with Azure only supports JWT.

The statement “Azure only supports JWT” indicates that if JWT is discontinued on June 1, 2023, automatic provisioning in Azure will not be possible after June 1, 2023.

So, just to confirm, could you please provide us with the measures and the roadmap for automated provisioning in Azure after June 1, 2023?
We have received the following response from the Zoom support team on this

We are working with Microsoft to develop an OAuth process. We will let you know as soon as Microsoft develops this process.
Please note that I do not have access to know when the development of the OAuth process will be completed unless our development team releases an update.
If you raise this issue in the developer forum, the developer team will help you; please go to https://devforum.zoom.us/ and submit your issue.

For this reason, I am posting the following question here.
Please review and respond.
i.Does “OAuth process” refer to S2S OAuth?
ii.When will the development of the “OAuth Process” be completed?
iii.How long will the transition period from JWT to “OAuth Process” be? (e.g., one to two months)

Hi @Takayuki_Hanawa
Thanks for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum and welcome to our community, I am happy to help here!

i.Does “OAuth process” refer to S2S OAuth?

We do have two different app types that support Oauth workflow, one is the Server to Server Oauth app and the other one is the Oauth app, both available in the Zoom Marketplace

ii.When will the development of the “OAuth Process” be completed?

As our Support team stated, we do not have access to this date since Microsoft needs to lead this effort.

iii.How long will the transition period from JWT to “OAuth Process” be? (e.g., one to two months)

We announced the deprecation of our JWT app type last year in June 2022 and we invited developers to start migrating their applications. As soon as Microsoft migrates to another app type, the transition time will depend on them as well.

Hope this helps,
Elisa

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 368 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.