"User does not exist" 404 response

Description
We are using the API to sync event data to our CRM. When making the call to /past_webinars/{meetingId}/qa as well as /past_webinars/{meetingId}/participants we get the following 404 response:

“code”: 1001,
“message”: “User does not exist: CEZkiY1FRTG4nhKqTKII7g.”

The customer that is receiving this error has recently deleted a user that is no longer at their company. My assumption is that we are trying to return data for that user, who has been deleted, and thus, the “User does not exist error”. Is there a way to fix this? If my assumption is correct, were the proper methods of removing a user not used. Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Thank You,
Bryan Hansen

Hey @svetla.dimitrova,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. This seems to be expected behavior when a user is deleted. Going forward, your app could subscribe to the user.deleted
webhook and remove the reference from your DB. In hopes of avoiding something like this in the future

In the meantime, try using the Reports APIs to see if you’re able to pull historical data. For instance, the Get Meeting Participant Reports API.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.