Web SDK - Audio not working with Chrome 100+ - Status?

@donte.zoom

This is more than urgent (just to make sure you understood the point).
If it’s not fixed before Chrome 100 is out there & use the major version, the web SDK won’t work anymore. Not only for us but also for people being in the same meetings than those joining via the Web SDK. (or Meeting & Video - if this code is shared / duplicated across sdks)

Can you please tell us when this fix can be released ?
Either on the 2.3.0 that is supposed to be released early March, or as a hotfix 2.2.1 if the 2.3.0 cannot be released for any reasons before Chrome 100 is (plannned on March 29)

@lfrancia and @nvivot,

Thank you for providing this additional context. I’ve shared these details and created another internal ticket to have this matter investigated. Here is the ticket number for your record [ZSEE-43399]. More to follow as updates become available.

We appreciate your feedback @lfrancia and @nvivot ! Please do let us know if you have anythings you might want to share --we’re here to listen!

1 Like

@donte.zoom
Thank you. yes please provide us a regular report on this error since it is a critical bug.

A bit more information, here is the chromium email thread i reported to chrome team to get help before i check zoom’s code:
https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=1302174

And in order to make it easier to locate the issue, here is where i found the culprit code when executing on our internal application:

In the NPM package (i don’t know for the Zoom CDN sources, we are packaing zoom sources on our own CDN), under lib/av, the file xxxx_js_media.min.js.

@lfrancia & @nvivot,

Thank you for the additional details. As a follow-up, this issue [ZSEE-43399] has been marked as a bug, and our engineers are working on a fix. Another update will be provided when more details become available.

1 Like

@donte.zoom

I heard that the 2.3.0 will include a fix for this bug, and should be released soon.
But we got no dates, and Chrome 100 will be official in 3 weeks. Would be great if you can release the 2.3.0 at least 2 weeks before Chrome 100 so that we have enough time to test it & do the upgrade before it’s too late and the damages are done.

Thank you in advance for your help.

3 Likes

@nvivot, @lfrancia, and @giancarlo1,

Web SDK 2.3.0 has been released:

Change Log Post:

Developer Forum Notice :

Best,
Donte

2 Likes

Finally.

Thank you, we will test it for sure and let you know if we find anything wrong.

Are you getting this error by any chance? [Urgent] Failing WebSocket connection makes participants to disconnect after some minutes
@nvivot @lfrancia

cc: @MaxM @donte.zoom

@giancarlo1,

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.