Webinar attendees from the Web SDK Client View will join the meeting with Speaker View on, even when the host has configured their view to be Gallery. If the host makes adjustments to the settings after the attendees have joined, then the view will update properly.
Which Web Meeting SDK version?
Web SDK Client View v2.3.5
Steps to reproduce the behavior:
- Panelist 1 starts a Webinar with camera on, My View: Speaker, and Attendee View: Gallery
- Attendee 1 joins the Webinar
- Attendee 2 joins the Webinar
- Panelist 1 promotes Attendee 2 to panelist
- Attendee 2 joins as Panelist 2 with camera on
At this point, Attendee 1 sees Speaker View but should see Gallery View. If Panelist 1 changes the view to Follow Host’s View and then back to Gallery View, then Attendee 1 will switch to Gallery View. Upon re-joining, Attendee 1 will be back to Speaker View.
- Device: Macbook Pro
- OS: macOS 12.3.1
- Browser: Chrome
- Browser Version 100.0.4896.88 (Official Build) (arm64)