Web SDK - Facing issue with "Allow attendee to chat with - Host only" setting

Hi @Tommy,

Yes we are still facing the issue. I am again sharing my point here, the setting clearly says “Allow meeting participants to send a private 1:1 message to another participant.” we do not want that. Currently it is off at our end still from App SDK our participants are able to send message Privately to our host, without any issue. But in the Web SDK when a participant send the message to the host or vice versa it is not visible to the recipient.

I request you to please share my point with your development team. As I have already shared with you it is an urgent issue and our clients are complaining a lot.

Hey @namrata ,

Perhaps the Client Web SDK and Zoom App work differently in this aspect. We will investigate further and get back to you.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @namrata ,

This should be fixed on Jan 17th. We will be releasing an additional fix. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

Thanks a lot, @tommy, I really appreciate your efforts. Can you please share the link here because this link is showing last updated 7 days ago?
https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/changelog

Hey @namrata ,

Since the fix is not a change to the Web SDK, but a backend fix, we are not adding this to the changelog.

Thanks,
Tommy

Ok, but is it fixed? You mentioned 17th Jan but the last release is of 9the Jan.

Hey @namrata,

This change won’t be included on our changelog or latest release pages because it was a server-side change and we keep track of those deployments ourselves. Please test on your end to confirm the issue is resolved.

Thanks,
Max

Hi @MaxM and @tommy,

Yes, it is working now, I have checked it personally. Thanks a lot for your support.

1 Like

You are welcome! Thanks for your patience during this! :slight_smile:

-Tommy

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.