Web SDK "joining fail"

Hey @asantech555,

Please do not double post. We will get to your issue as soon as we can.

Thanks,
Tommy

@tommy
Getting joining fails by timeout error.

I am using 1.7.8 zoom web SDK and using CDN web SDK.

Please help. It’s affecting our customer.

Attached screenshot.

Hey @rahul4,

Please do not double post. I have replied to you here:

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @tommy,

We are also facing the same issue. We were able to join the meeting as host (role=1). But when we try to join the same session with attendee (role=0), we are facing the issue. We have verified the suggestions given in this thread (no whitespaces allowed in the username, role should be integer 0 while generating signature).

Meeting ID: ***********

Screenshot 2020-06-23 at 2.26.19 PM

Thanks,
Vikas

*This post has been edited to remove any meeting / webinar IDs

Hey @vikas.pulluri,

Make sure your meeting does not require registration. Currently registration is not supported on the Web SDK.

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

Hi,

I am using the JWT app API key and secret in my index.js file and also using the meeting ID of a started meeting, still on joining the meeting with the sample web sdk app, getting “Fail to join the meeting.” message. Can someone guide as to what I am missing?

Hey @shubhendru.raj,

Can you please create a new topic and fill out the post template so we can have enough information to debug?

Thanks,
Tommy

I encountered the same issue just now.
I have a master account of zoom which I subscribed the Pro & Webinar plan.
I also have sub account.
I created JWT app and get the api key with my master account.
Then I created sub account and give admin access to sub account.
I login by sub account and create the webinar and start it.
After that, this “joining fail” issue appears.

But after I use the master account ,and create another webinar, and tried. That worked properly.

I think we must always use one single account that has subscription as admin, generate the api key, and create the webinar.

Hey @actioport,

I am happy to look into this further for you if you provide me a Web SDK signature to developersupport@zoom.us for a test meeting. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy