WEB Sdk not showing "Join Audio Computer" on iPhone's Safari

Hi.
I’m using Zoom Web SDK to jon a meeting. When I use an android device along with google chrome browser. I can see the “Join Computer Audio” button. However on iPhone Safari that button/option is not available. What is the problem?

Hi @m1kabbani,

Due to browser constraints with Audio Worklet API, we only support Computer Audio Chrome[1].

1 - https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/sdk/native-sdks/Web-Client-SDK/getting-started/prerequisites#install-a-browser-supported-by-zooms-web-sdk-as-shown-in-the-table-below

Thanks

1 Like

I’ve tried to use Chrome browser on iPhone7. Still can’t see the join audio button.

Hey @m1kabbani,

This could be a limitation on iOS.

We are looking into it and will get back to you.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @tommy and @michael_p.zoom,

Any update about this topic?

We have the same problem using the Safari browser on IPhone X.

Thanks

Hey @diogo.machado,

You can see our browser support here for the Web SDK:

https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/sdk/native-sdks/web/advanced/browser-support

Thanks,
Tommy

Thanks @tommy!

We tested with Chrome version 79 on Iphone X and the “Join Audio by Computer” button appeared but is disabled. Any suggestion about this issue?

We checked the Chrome permissions and the sound is enabled.

Hey @diogo.machado,

The Web SDK on mobile browsers has some limitations. Is there anyway you can get the browser logs?

We do have a release coming out in mid February to fix some of these issues.

That being said, for the best experience on mobile, I would suggest using the Mobile SDK.

Thanks,
Tommy

Since Apple requires all apps on iOS to use their underlying webkit engine, it may not make a difference whether you use Safari or Chrome on iOS…the web sdk would basically need to support Safari audio.

Hey @chrislim,

Correct.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @tommy, is the support for computer audio on ios/safari in zoom roadmap?

Hey @diego.dalbosco,

Yes it is, no timeline yet though.

Stay updated here: https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/changelog

Thanks,
Tommy

@tommy, Any Update on this Topic Please???
All of our IOS users are blocked on Safari - Webinar View rates are low.

Does anyone have a work around for this??? Its super clean and frictionless with the “join audio by computer” one click and users are watching and listening to the Host/Webinar from their mobile browser.

The join by phone options that display are covered/“dirty” and the phone numbers don’t hyperlink or use “one-tap” to call… so mobile webinar viewers need to 1) write down call in number(s) and 2) meeting id and then 3) jump to their IOS phone app, 4) call into webinar (5) put on Speaker) then 6) jump back over to the Safari browser to view webinar just to listen in - that path has so much friction they just don’t end up joining at all.

Please Help, Our users want this feature to work. Thanks All.

Hey @elify,

Due to current browser limitations on iOS, we are not able to provide computer audio with the Web SDK.

I suggest using the Mobile Zoom App, or the Mobile SDK.

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

Hi Tommy
Yesterday We found a nice ponyfill is this one:

that enables AudioContext AudioWorklet and he required in Safari and Firefox,
In our standalone test It works but Could not integrate It in ZOOM web SDK
think is possible to use?

1 Like

Kinda Crazy Doxy.me already has this ability.

If help is needed from the community let us know.

Thanks for the info @jason3, @JuanLopez! :slight_smile:

-Tommy