Webhook zapier validation

zoom stoped send webhooks to zapier and asks about validation. What are we need to do. our business process stoped, please help us validate zapier endpoint hook i dont see function to run node.js and send answer in api connector

2 Likes

Hi @tech13
Thanks for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum and welcome to our community, I am happy to help here!

Here is the link to our Documentation where you will find helpful steps to validate your endpoint URL

https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/webhook-reference/#validate-your-webhook-endpoint

We also have a sample app for an example implementation:

Hope this helps,
Elisa

How can i run node.js in zapier? and i need to send it back

Please see this forum post on the Zapier site in regard to webhook security. Overall, you should be able to follow these steps in combination with with the code provided above to validate webhooks.

I hope that helps! Let me know if you have any questions.

Is there an examplefor this using Python? Iā€™m trying to replicate this Node example with Python but the validation keeps failing

from what I can tell, you canā€™t do webhook validation in zapier. you can create the key using javascript, but thereā€™s no way to return it to the correct address.

Can you tell us what we would need to replace in this code for our use case? What should be verbatim vs. needs to be adjusted for us to validate our own. Is it just the zoom code?

I copy and paste this into Code by Zapier and get error message: Failed to run your JavaScript code
SyntaxError: Unexpected token ā€˜ifā€™

Zapier is saying they cannot customize the response. See belowā€¦

Why Is It Always 200 or Success Status? Can I customize the response?

For High Availability and High Throughput reasons - we always return a success message with a payload of debugging information when collecting a webhook - regardless of whether there is a Zap behind the webhook or if it is paused or not. The only way to know if a URL is live is to visit the editor and look at the URL (which never changes for a Zap). There is no way to customize the response to the request you send to the Catch Hook URL, as the response is sent before the Zap triggers and runs on the webhook request.

@mary.harp @mattdev Thanks for double-checking this. It sounds like this means Zapier canā€™t be used with our webhooks anymore. Iā€™ll check with our team to see if this is something we can address going forward to keep webhooks easily accessible with our new validation process.

that would be great. itā€™s a bummer that I canā€™t make zapier and airtable webhooks anymore. now I have to poll various endpoints!

I checked in with our team and we have reached out to Zapier to see if we can help in supporting this use case

Hi Max, a simpler validation process would be really appreciated. I actually donā€™t understand why it has to be so ā€œtechnicalā€ and resource consuming.

I think adding more triggers, and more robust triggers, to Zapier would do the trick. Zoom Integrations | Connect Your Apps with Zapier
For example, adding ā€˜Updated Meeting Registrantā€™ and ā€˜Updated Meetingā€™ triggers and making triggers trigger for ANY meeting would solve my issues.

1 Like

Any update on getting this updated so that we can get zapier integrations running again?

Integromat / make will do this

Hi @james.petty714
Unfortunately, we do not have any updates about this.
We will keep you updated.

@elisa.zoom @MaxM Do you have any updates about simplifying the validation so it works again with Zapier. This is where Zapier stands:

There is no way to customize the response to the request you send to the Catch Hook URL, as the response is sent before the Zap triggers and runs on the webhook request.

Hi @mary.harp
Unfortunately, there wonā€™t be any changes to the way we do webhook validation

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.