What does Error code: 29 mean?

Description
Users are running into Error Code: 29 when trying to join a zoom meeting. The zoom meetings are created via the api and the hosts in these cases are zoom rooms. I have been unable to find anything around that error code and what it means.

Error
First error
An unknown error occurred
Error code: 29

Second error
Leave Meeting
The meeting has problem. Error code :29

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
The meetings were created using a jwt token (via api key/secret).

Which Endpoint/s?
POST /v2/users/{userId}/meetings

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
I am not sure how to reproduce.

Screenshots (If applicable)

I have a second image but am unable to upload it…

Additional context
Not sure if this makes any difference but sharing as it’s more info:

One of the meetings had a password, the other did not.
Both are accessed via links with a custom subdomain (subdomain.zoom.us), and it is two different customers, so two different subdomains.

1 Like

Hey @asoto98,

Thanks for sharing this. I have notified our engineering team and will keep you updated on what the issue is. (ZOOM-184482)

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @asoto98,

Can you please provide the userId that created the meeting so we can look into the logs?

Thanks,
Tommy

Sure thing!

userId 1: 9ouuRw5ERLW0WQzOj20wyA
userId 2: goUwtWu3Q9KW1FasZfwxrA

Thanks @asoto98!

We are looking into this.

-Tommy

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi @asoto98,

Do you happen to have any more recent examples? I will follow up on our team’s investigation of this error and any recent examples could be helpful as well.

Thanks,
Will

I do. userId: zie9kNabSxynBAy6TfBBEw.

These are occurring with zoom rooms and it has occurred for different zoom rooms.

Thanks, @asoto98. I’ve shared this with our team to take a closer look and will be in touch. (ZOOM-184482)

-Will

Hi @asoto98,

Thanks for your patience while our team looked into this.

They’ve clarified that this endpoint (/v2/users/{userId}/meetings) is not actually intended for creating a meeting under a Zoom Room, and they’re addressing a bug that allows you to attempt this currently.

Rather, you should be scheduling meetings under Zoom Rooms using this endpoint:

Can you let me know if you run into any issues using the Zoom Room-specific endpoint?

Thanks!
Will

Thanks Will. I gave it a try, however I get the following error: {‘jsonrpc’: ‘2.0’, ‘error’: {‘code’: 4007, ‘message’: ‘The room client does not support this command. Please upgrade to latest package.’}}

We have a customers who may not be willing to update their packages. I’m not sure this solution will work in our case.

In addition, I’m testing on an account with zoom rooms that have no devices (it’s only used for api testing). I attempted to follow the instructions here without luck: Zoom Room API - Meeting End Error - #2 by tommy

Without any devices, the option to update the package does not exist.

Hey @asoto98,

Thank you for testing that out. Unfortunately, there isn’t another method when it comes to creating a meeting in a Zoom Room programmatically. For this reason, you may want to communicate to your customers how critical it is to update to the latest version.

Are you aware of any blockers that would prevent your customers from upgrading their package?

That seems to be correct. I would make sure that you have assigned at least one device to the Zoom Room that you’re using for testing.

Thanks,
Max

We successfully resolved error code 29 for one of our customers! We don’t know the exact details, but it had something to do with the Room needing to be upgraded (either the version, or the license/subscription).

It was not an error in our code or our usage of the Zoom API. The only changes made were within the user’s Zoom account, not our code. To be crystal clear, we are using the standard Zoom OAuth API create meeting endpoint with the room set as the host.

Thank you for adding this to our Developer Community @basic !

Tips to Fix a Code 29 Error
Restart your computer.
Use System Restore to undo recent system changes.
Update drivers for hardware devices that might be related to the code 29 error.
Roll back your drivers.
Reinstall the device drivers.
Enable the hardware device in your system BIOS.

Regards,
Rachel Gomez