Will there be performance issues, if I join a meeting / webinar via the Web Browser SDK?

Description
If we are running a very big webinar - having 500+ participants, and the participants are joining the webinar via the web browser (via Join Webinar integration via the SDK) - then will the Webinar be too slow for them - because they are using the Web browser to join and not Zoom app?
Are there any recommendations which you can share regarding the same?

Hey @akshat.goel,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. If you’re after the absolute smoothest meeting experience for the hardware that your participants are using then you’ll want to use our native apps for your meeting (Zoom Desktop, Zoom Mobile).

When it comes to our Web SDK (or any video call through the browser), you’ll see that it is less efficient that the native app because it is contenting with browser technologies that aren’t as efficient as the native counterparts.

With that being said, I don’t think having that many participants in your Webinar will drastically affect the performance of the meeting. Although, it can depend on the devices that you expect participants to be using as well as the network that they are on.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Max

Hi @MaxM

Thanks a lot for your response.

Two more clarification points:

1. If we integrate the Android/iOS SDK of Zoom, then how will its performance compare to Zoom’s native mobile app? [Since Android/iOS SDKs are both native and can benefit from hardware acceleration, I expect at-least on mobile the performance should be same]
  2. Also, is there a way we can match the Zoom Desktop app’s performance, while still integrating Zoom Web SDK? [For eg. one way could be, we can open the meeting via a Deep Link directly into the Zoom Desktop App]

Hey @akshat.goel,

I’m glad that helped!

Yes, using the Android/iOS SDK should provide comparable performance to the Zoom Mobile apps.

Not quite with the Web SDK but we do have Windows and MacOS SDKs which would allow you to run your app natively.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.