Your connection has timed out and you cannot join the meeting. Verify your network connectivity and try again

I have the same issue using sdk 1.7.7

I am very afraid to put this version in production

Hey @ctapiero, @mikko.valjento, @ilseferman, @tmswartz12 , @elena1, @arhossainim, @cinemed, @penar.musaraj, @mystery, @alexeygfi,

This error can happen if:

1. You are not using a JWT App type for the key and secret.
  2. You are not using a Pro or higher Zoom account.
  3. You are not using a real, running meeting / webinar id.
  4. There is an issue with your signature generation.

If you are still having this issue, please email your meeting ID and Web SDK signature to developersupport@zoom.us with the error and a description of the issue and we will investigate further.

Thanks,
Tommy

So it’s not actually about the “connection timing out” at all, it can be about four or five different security, authentication or authorisation things.

After two days of messing with it I got it working eventually, though after re-generating keys, changing versions, changing meeting id’s from numbers to strings and strings to numbers, I have no clue why.

Wouldn’t it be nice if we all lived in a world where error messages actually told you WHY something happened and helped you to correct the situation?

Just an idea.

2 Likes

submitted to developersupport@zoom.com 2 days ago and still no response. I supplied all the sample code which is very basic and easy to follow, should be a 5 minute task to get an answer as to what’s wrong. I get this error {“status”:false,“errorCode”:200,“errorMessage”:“No permission”,“result”:null}

I still think it has to do with the timezone in the generate signature function. Again, here is my sample code Your connection has timed out and you cannot join the meeting. Verify your network connectivity and try again

We realized Zoom wasn’t for us.

1 Like

I would say the same. What have you found as an alternative?

hello penar.musaraj

i think it’s same your code and deepak2’s code
can you tell me the differences?

I also tried to generate signature in ruby on rails like this

def signature
logger.info params
timestamp = (Time.now.to_f * 1000).to_i - 30000
logger.info timestamp
message = Base64.strict_encode64("#{params[:apiKey]}#{params[:meetingNumber]}#{timestamp}#{params[:role]}")
hash = Base64.strict_encode64(OpenSSL::HMAC.digest(‘sha256’, params[:apiSecrete], message))
signature = Base64.strict_encode64("#{params[:apiKey]}.#{params[:meetingNumber]}.#{timestamp}.#{params[:role]}.#{hash}")

respond_to do |format|
  format.json { render json: {signature: signature} }
end

end

But it works with meetings created only one account.
If i use MeetingID created another account this Error shows
“Your connection has timed out and you cannot join the meeting. Verify your network connectivity and try again.”
please help me!

Yes, my plugin now uses deepak’s code, sorry for the confusion.

The other account probably needs different API key + secret, did you make sure to switch those?

1 Like

YO GUYS

My friend just found the solution for this after struggling for some hours. We used the keys from PRO ACCOUNT and it had no trouble at all!!!

2 Likes

Still waiting for some help from email support. They asked me for info I already sent so I sent it again. Still waiting.

The solution for me was I was passing $POST['meeting_number'] and $POST['role'] into my generate_signature() function instead of $_POST['meeting_number'] and $_POST['role'] Support was able to look at my signature and determine the problem so the API should be doing this and giving better error messages.

Hey @cinemed, @jesusaugusto.008,

Happy to hear you figured out the issue. Yes, one of our top priorities is adding more specific error messaging. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @mikko.valjento, @jwiebe,

Sorry to hear you are having trouble with the Zoom Web SDK and have decided to look for alternatives. One of our top priorities is adding more specific error messaging.

Apologies for the inconvenience,
Tommy

Hey @aokirihito,

Like @penar.musaraj, is saying, you can only start meetings that are owned by the same Zoom account that owns the JWT App.

You can join any meeting regardless of who owns the JWT App.

Thanks,
Tommy

still get same message “Your connection has timed out and you cannot join the meeting. Verify your network connectivity and try again.” any updates ?

Hi Folks, I am also getting this message today, I checked the status page : https://status.zoom.us/ and everything indicated as operational including Zoom Developer Platform - Web SDK. Is there are known issue at the moment?

Just a quick Update - Mine is Working Fine if the Meeting is a “Meeting” but does not work if the Meeting is a Webinar. So anyone know if this is working for webinars.

OK, I found my issue with Webinars. Ensure to set the email address when joining the webinar, and ensure that this email address is NOT the host’s email address e.g.

ZoomMtg.join({
        meetingNumber: meetConfig.meetingNumber,
        userName: meetConfig.userName,
        userEmail: meetConfig.userEmail, //required for webinars and not be the HOSTS email address
        signature: res.result,
        apiKey: meetConfig.apiKey,
        passWord: meetConfig.passWord,
1 Like

do you have an updated version of this?

I can confirm this was our problem. The developer account needs to be pro for the SDK to work with meetings creating by other accounts, otherwise you get this error.