Zoom App on Crestron TS-1070, back to local GUI button needed

I was referred to this forum by Crestron tech support. I was told there is a way to add a custom button to the Zoom App running on the latest Crestron touch panel TS-1070. I need a way to close the app and return to a local UI also loaded to the touch panel. I was told this has been done already and would greatly appreciate any help from anyone who has done this.

Hopefully this is the correct area to post this, if not, I apologize.

TIA.

Hey @doug.boulia,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. This seems like an issue that our Customer Support Team would be able to assist with best. Please reach out to them and they will be able to assist you directly.

Thanks,
Max

Thanks, I will follow up with them.

1 Like

Hey @doug.boulia,

I’m happy to help! You can also submit this request through our Feedback Form.

Thanks,
Max

Great! Are you familiar with the Crestron TS-1070?

I was told by Crestron that an extra button may be added to the Zoom App. I need a way to hide the app on the Crestron TS-1070 so the client can use the local UI to control other room functions during a Zoom meeting.

Have you had to implement this or something similar?

The previous version Crestron panel TSW-106 had a physical button on the bezel that was used to go from the local UI to the Zoom App, the new panel does not have any buttons, this is problematic since the client needs to be able to navigate from the App to the local UI.

Hey @doug.boulia,

Unfortunately, I don’t have much experience using touchscreen devices with the Zoom Room Control app especially when it concerns that device. It may be possible to add a UI element but I wasn’t able to confirm this and it is outside of the scope of the Web SDK.

In my opinion, you were on the right track reaching out to Crestron support in the first place. It sounds like their newer device is missing a hardware/software feature to navigate their system. It’s unfortunately to hear they weren’t able to help.

Our Customer Support Team should be able to point you in the right direction but let me know if you have any questions after reaching out to them.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.