Zoom Call does not show video if answered through CallKit when device is locked

I am using CallKit to ring the device and the begin a video call. This works fine if the device is unlocked, but when the device is locked there is odd behavior.

After answering the call on an iPad, the meeting is started and connects. That participant’s video is visible to the other party (person who called) but on the iPad there is no video visible of anyone.  The rest of the Zoom UI appears. After a couple of minutes, video will finally appear.

Another odd behavior is that CallKit shows the call as recording even though recording is disabled. This only happens when the call is answered from a locked screen.

Thanks

Another note, if I switch to gallery view or switch camera on the ipad the video appears. 

hi Dutton:

Thank you for your info. We did some refactor for Callkit integration in the coming release. We plan to release it in these week.

I will provide solution to u here after new SDK released. 

Thanks!

Is this fixed in v4.1.30420.0817? I do not see anything regarding CallKit in the changelog.

here is my suggestion.

1. You need to introduce PushKit in order to receive notification.

2. While app receives notification via PushKit, join the meeting and keep username(kMeetingParam_Username) as nil.

3. SDK would start to join progress, SDK would callback to App via the delegate: 

• (void)onJoinMeetingInfo:(MobileRTCJoinMeetingInfo)info

completion:(void (^)(NSString *displayName, NSString *password, BOOL cancel))completion

at this time, APP is still in join progress.

1. The app may need to present one-page notify one call is coming (Use CallKit here) as received the callback.

2. If the user accepts the call, App may use the block: completion that passed back to the app in the delegate and passes the correct username. Then SDK would continue the join progress, join the meeting if no risk.

If the user declines the call, App may use the block: completion that passed back to the app in the delegate and passes cancel.

SDK will cancel the join progress.

Hope it helpful to u.

This still doesn’t seem to fix the video not showing up issue. The video appears sometimes, but sometimes there is no video and you have to tap Gallery View or Switch Camera to get the video to appear.

Hi,

I having the same issue and I am using latest zoom sdk version is v4.6.15084.0206.

The issue was, I am using callkit for zoom video calls. video get displayed when device is unlocked state but when device is locked then it not showing the video in meeting window. I need to select the Start video button at bottom then video will appeared. Please check it in your end and share your thoughts

Thanks

Hi saroroo123,

Thanks for the reply. It appears like this behavior is by design, and the Zoom client also has this behavior.

Thanks!

Hi Carson,

Thanks for the reply. So, did you mean this is zoom default behavior and we can not do anything about this ?

Also I have another issue, Currently I am using v4.6.15084.0206. zoom SDK version. Meeting window page not showing host video at the first time of app install.

Steps to reproduce,

1. Install your demo app
  2. Connect the meeting
  3. At first time, it’s asking to allow Camera access, Microphone access.
  4. Once you give permission then see your meeting window page not showing the host/participant video
  5. When I tap on start/stop camera button at bottom then it shows host/participant video.

(Please note this issue happens only once at time of user allow the camera, microphone access).

Thanks!

Hi saroroo123,

I am afraid yes, it is out of the SDK’s control. I have forwarded this to the client team and see if they could change the behavior.

Regarding the video not showing issue, I have tried to reproduce it with the steps provided, but I am able to see the video after I granted permission. Are you seeing any error messages in the console when the video is not showing?

Thanks!

Hi Carson,

Thanks for the info. Regarding #2 still I am facing that issue. I am not able to see video after granted permission. Here is the more info about my issue.

My system configurations:

Mac OS - macOS Catalina (10.15.2)
xCode Version - 11.3
iOS version for device - 13.3 and 13.3.1
Zoom SDK version - 4.6.15084.0206

Here is the video link for my issue - https://gofile.io/?c=fvZprH

Please check it. Let me know your thoughts :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Hi saroroo123

Thanks for the reply and the video. I have forwarded this info the engineerign team for further investigation. Were you experiencing this issue with the previous versions? Do you notice any error messages?

Below is my config that is working:
XCode: 11.2
iOS version: 13.3.1
SDK version: 4.6.15084.0206

Hope this helps. Thanks!

Hi Carson,

Thanks for the reply.

Were you experiencing this issue with the previous versions? - I have checked older versions of xCode that is 11.2 and 11.2.1. in those xCodes its working fine. Please check it xCode 11.3 and above.

Do you notice any error messages? - No, in my console I did not get any error messages regarding the meeting window, video…etc.

Thanks !

Hi saroroo123,

Thanks for sharing the findings, it looks like it is related to Xcode 11.3. I will forward this info to the engineering team for further investigation. While we are investigating, in order to not blocking your implementation, I would suggest using the prior Xcode versions to build the app as we have not officially introduced the support for Xcode 11.

Thanks!

Hi Carson,

Thanks for your reply. I can use previous xCode version but It’s my client recommended to use xCode 11.3 and above. :frowning:

So please investigate the issue and find the solution asap.

Hi saroroo123,

Thanks for the reply. I understand your concern. Actually in Xcode 11, Apple added a lot of new stuffs so we are working on supporting it. Pardon the inconvenience causing by this. I will keep you updated.

Thanks!

Hi Carson,

Thanks for the reply. :slight_smile:

@carson.zoom Do you know when you expect to support Xcode 11.3?

Hi Brian_Dutton,

Thanks for the reply. Currently, I do not have an exact ETA for this but we are working on supporting Xcode 11 and we are trying our best to make it happen as soon as we can. Please follow our Github repo: https://github.com/zoom/zoom-sdk-ios for any updates.

Thanks!