Zoom General App - Granular Scope Selection options

Zoom apps in the marketplace that use a substantial amount of the now granular API scopes make it quite cumbersome to add scopes to a given application.

It seems as though the Zoom App creation process assumes that it’s a one-time only process for the end user. We often work with multiple customers where we create Zoom Apps on behalf of, and specific to, their account - and having to repeat the scopes process is, frankly, quite annoying.

Furthermore, not every app needs to utilize a “master” level scope - some only admin level scopes, so I would suspect the master scopes could be partitioned off so they aren’t selected inadvertently.

For example, If you select the master scope that permits sub account access, and the Zoom account you are working with contains no sub accounts, you won’t be able to authorize the Zoom app to your account.

This forces you back to the App Marketplace to sort through the scopes and remove whichever master scope had been selected.

My initial suggestion for improving this would be to implement a few simple “select all”, “select all account scopes”, and “select all master” scope buttons in the interface would probably help. Or, some method to upload a text file containing the exact scopes you need would be most ideal.

Hopefully this makes sense. Let me know if you have any questions or require further feedback.

Best,
Aubrey

This category is specifically for feature requests to the Zoom Developer Platform .

For feature requests and feedback on Zoom, connect with the Zoom Community or submit feedback in your Zoom app.

Hi @aubreyengland
Thank you so much for your feedback. I will ensure that it is passed on to our engineering team

1 Like

Thanks @elisa.zoom , and thanks for this @aubreyengland - we’re working with the Product teams working on granular scopes and the Marketplace engineering team. Really appreciate this.

2 Likes

Thank you @Michael & @elisa.zoom for looking into addressing this. I’m sure whatever solution will be a welcome improvement. And, happy cake day @elisa.zoom ! :slight_smile:

Aubrey

1 Like