Zoom Room CSAPI Development

I am working on a Zoom Room controller application using the Control System API that can handle multiple rooms simultaneously and I was wondering if there is a way to get a “sandboxed” Zoom Room for development use only.

We have one Zoom Room for company use but it’s not always possible to use that to develop on and is obviously just one room. Is the only way to test multiple rooms to purchase multiple licenses? Or is there a way to emulate the responses from a Zoom Room?

I’m not really sure what to ask for so I’m happy to answer questions for more clarification.

Hi @huntergrayson,

Thanks for reaching out about this, and good question.

While it’s a great suggestion to offer a sandbox environment (and is something that’s on our longer term radar), I’m afraid it’s not currently something we offer. If you wish to test the Zoom Rooms/APIs under your account, you will need to purchase additional licenses to do so.

I hope this helps to clarify, but let me know if you have any questions about this.

Thanks,
Will

be aware that currently using the control system API you can not get people out of waiting rooms, so if you need this feature you are wasting your time continuing development. this feature has been requested as far back as May 2020 so don’t hold your breath that we will ever get it

Fortunately, that’s not a requirement for the clients we’ve had so far so it hasn’t been an issue yet, thank you for bringing it up though. The CSAPI does seem to be oddly limited in some ways but from what I’ve read of the Zoom documentation it seems like this is the only real option for a redistributable Zoom Room controller application. If you or anyone else knows another way to control a Zoom Room I’d be happy to investigate further as the CSAPI does leave quite a bit wanting.

@huntergrayson Based on your use case, it sounds like the CSAPI is the best route. If you have improvements you would like to see included you can post to our #feature-requests category.

Yea the lack of this feature shelved the project (and many more) for us, all our clients want waiting rooms so they can control when people are let in .

The CSAPI is like zoom (and zoom support) looks good on the outside but rubbish underneath

For me it’s better more profitably to put the effort into convincing clients to abandon Zoom and use a provide with a professional API and support service ( this ‘support forum’ is a mess)

Hell at this stage I would settle for just a roadmap on the CSAPI. At least then I could tell clients an ETA rather than ‘who knows if / ever your meeting rooms will work as you want ‘

Your research has come to the same outcome as mine, that the CSAPI is the only way to “control” a zoom room.

Hey @adam4,

I’m sorry to hear that this was a blocker for you and your team! I appreciate the feedback that you provided, we’ll definitely incorporate it as we continually work to improve. It’s unfortunate that you’re looking for other options but I hope that you find a solution that works well for you.

If it’s not too late to consider Zoom, we’ll always value your feedback on how we can improve our offerings.

We do our best to help out developers here but due to the scale and open nature of it, there can definitely be some differences to submitting a typical ticket.

If you have any urgent issues or would like a more focused support experience, you can always email us at developersupport@zoom.us.

We also have different support packages we offer depending on the needs of your team. You can find more information on that here.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.