Zoom Room CSAPI Development

I am working on a Zoom Room controller application using the Control System API that can handle multiple rooms simultaneously and I was wondering if there is a way to get a “sandboxed” Zoom Room for development use only.

We have one Zoom Room for company use but it’s not always possible to use that to develop on and is obviously just one room. Is the only way to test multiple rooms to purchase multiple licenses? Or is there a way to emulate the responses from a Zoom Room?

I’m not really sure what to ask for so I’m happy to answer questions for more clarification.

Hi @huntergrayson,

Thanks for reaching out about this, and good question.

While it’s a great suggestion to offer a sandbox environment (and is something that’s on our longer term radar), I’m afraid it’s not currently something we offer. If you wish to test the Zoom Rooms/APIs under your account, you will need to purchase additional licenses to do so.

I hope this helps to clarify, but let me know if you have any questions about this.

Thanks,
Will

be aware that currently using the control system API you can not get people out of waiting rooms, so if you need this feature you are wasting your time continuing development. this feature has been requested as far back as May 2020 so don’t hold your breath that we will ever get it