Zoom Web SDK needs BIG improvements

Why remove the Edge support?

Why is there consistent problems with the SDK?

It is time to get you act in gear.

I mention a bug, it does not get fix.

Hey @jhansen,

We appreciate your feedback, and are doing everything we can to fix the bugs.

Which specific bugs are you experiencing?

Thanks,
Tommy

Please be advised, I updated your title. (I tried to keep the spirit if your title without the negative language) We strive to provide a community experience that is welcoming to everyone. Please make sure to follow our guidelines which state that titles, posts, links, etc, should be safe for “family and friends”

Secondly, we appreciate your feedback and have already started investing time into the WebSDK to help resolve these issues. This is a recent focus change so I can only ask for your patience as we ramp up this new focus and get positive changes out the door!

Thanks!

2 Likes

Dear @TimZoom,

We have been chasing issues over WebSDk for the last 3 months but there have been no updates.

There has been an issue of Audio/Video cracking which is pending since Feb 7 (almost 5 months). This issue makes the Web SDK unusable as no meeting is possible.

It will great if we can share some timelines regarding the issues raised in the forums.

Regards
Atul

Hey @helloparent,

We are doing our best to improve the Web SDK to the highest standards.

Web SDK version 1.7.9 has been released. Please try it and let us know if you are still experiencing issues.

https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/changelog

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @tommy

Thanks for your response. The changelog does not mention anything about this specific issue of Audio/Video.

Can you suggest if this is resolved in this update and we can go ahead and update our SDK. Else it will be a futile costly exercise for us.

To be specific, I am looking for this issue:

Kindly confirm.

Regards
Atul

Hi @tommy

We did the update to check the issue. Unfortunately, the issue still remains. As a participant, the voice of the host cracks so much that it is as close as irritating beep sounds.

Do we expect any solution to this?

Hey @helloparent,

Sorry to hear the issue persists with version 1.7.9. We will investigate this asap. What device and browser version are you experiencing this with?

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @tommy

We are using Chome browser and have tried both on windows machine and Mac machine.

This is a very old issue now. Investigation means will it take another few months to get resolved?

Hi I’ve been trying to set up SKD wit for my companies integration with zoom.
Is strange to me to see several things not working. I’ve been trying to set up the SDK in a React web-app application, but I’ve found a lot of issues which make me think we could be doing something wrong.
See joining-meeting-timeout-issue-happening-randoml, for details on how we are setting up the sdk.
We are finding the following issues on the interface:

• Host video didn’t work until another attendant join’s the meeting.

• If video is turn off, frozen cam picture will stay instead of the avatar

• Attendee video placeholder is duplicate, and is super large

• Once chat is open it can no longer be closed

• Drag and drop of participants pane not working

• UI has a lot of styles broken.

• sound options don’t display

• video options don’t display

• security options icon is not present.

• three dots menu don’t display

1 Like

Hey @helloparent,

We are aware of a bad audio issue when using the Web SDK on an Android device.

Can you provide exact steps to reproduce the issue, including which devices / browsers / Zoom App / Zoom Web SDK you are using?

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @david.fallas,

Please create a new topic and fill out the post template so we have enough information to assist you.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey everyone,

If you would like to request your account be whitelisted to remove the recaptcha feature, please fill out this form:

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi Tommy,

Below are the steps to reproduce:

1. The participant are using Windows laptop (happening on both i3/i5).
  2. The host is taking the meeting on mobile/laptop.
  3. If two or more people have their mic unmuted at the same time, the voice starts cracking.

We are using Chrome browser (build 83/84).

How do i share sample video?

Hey @helloparent,

We are looking into the audio issues. (CS-2018)

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @tommy

Thank you for your response. However, I have been following up on this issue since last 3 months but there is still no timeline yet.

Does it mean it does not fall in any priority that you cannot provide any timeline?

Hey @helloparent,

Apologies for the delay. We are doing our best to resolve all the Web SDK issues due to increased scale.

I have requested prioritization on the audio issues and will keep you updated.

Thanks for your patience,
Tommy