App Crash happens

Hi Carson,

We are facing one major issue in zoom app. The scenario is, we are using the zoom app for starting the meeting. We got the one URL from our backend side and using that URL we are opens the zoom App and start the meeting. The issue was,

• We got the URL
  • We open the zoom App
  • Meeting was connected
  • After few mins user taps the End button at top right corner.
  • Then Now user taps the End Meeting button
  • Now the loader was appearing and then again it goes to meeting page and meeting was not ended.
  • It’s repeated again and again for few times
  • After 2 or 3 attempts finally meeting was ended.

→ I have using latest version of zoom App and iOS 13.

For your further clarifications, I have attached the vide proof. Please check it. This is serious issue and our app is in live. So Please focus on it and share your thoughts.

Thanks!

Hi saroroo123,

Thanks for the reply and thanks for the detail and video. First of all, just want to let you know that the new SDK release is now available, you may find the latest iOS SDK here: https://github.com/zoom/zoom-sdk-ios/releases/tag/v4.4.56624.1028

Regarding the issue you are facing, are you getting any info in the console log when you tap “End Meeting”? Is the meeting successfully ended and then just magically start the meeting again? Is your startMeeting method being called several times?

Thanks!

Hi Carson,

Thanks for the link and new release. I will check and let you know :slight_smile:

Regarding the issue,

I want to tell you that, we have 2 apps.
App 1 (Currently this app is in live) → uses the App store Zoom App ‎ZOOM Cloud Meetings on the App Store → To connect the meeting using above URL.
App 2 → uses the Zoom SDK to connect the meeting

Current Problem we are facing is App 1 that using your Zoom Cloud meetings app. In above video, You can see user taps the video call then

• Now our back end team generates the meeting ID and send the one URL like this URL **

• Then we are open this URL in web view and web view will open the your Zoom Cloud meetings App to join the meeting

• Once your Zoom cloud meeting app open then meeting window will open and meeting was started. You can check this in above attached video.

• Now user going to taps End button at top right corner

• Then user taps End meeting button.

• Now the loader was appeared and keep loading for few mins then it goes to meeting window again with same meeting ID and meeting was not ended. You can check this in above video.

• After 2 or 3 attempts then finally meeting was ended.

Here is my Answer regarding your questions,

are you getting any info in the console log when you tap “End Meeting”? → No. Because, we are open the your zoom cloud meetings app to connect the meeting. All further actions like end meeting are done by your zoom app. So How can I get the your zoom cloud meeting app log details ?

Is the meeting successfully ended and then just magically start the meeting again? → Yes. You can see above attached video meeting ended but it again goes to meeting window with same meeting ID :frowning:

Is your startMeeting method being called several times? → No. We did not call any method. we just open the web view using above URL then its open Zoom cloud meeting App and it connect the meeting.

So, Carson Honestly I am not sure where was the issue, whether your zoom cloud meeting app OR the issue is in my side. Also I am 100% sure we did not make any changes in our side. It’s all working fine few months ago. Currently we got this issue :frowning:

Please check this and share your thoughts. Let me know if anything needed from side :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Hi saroroo123,

Wow. Thanks for all the details. Really appreciate it. It looks like the issue is happening on the official Zoom client, so I would need to forward this to the client team(I mainly work on the SDK). I will try to find someone to help you further on this or get back to you with updates.

Thanks!

Hi Carson,

Thanks for the reply. Between, I have used the new zoom SDK version and that UIWebView issue was fixed on that version. Thanks Carson.:slight_smile:

I am waiting for the zoom client. Please do it as soon as possible. Our app is in currently live :frowning:

Carson, I want to say this, we have this same issue in Zoom SDK too. Once I tapped end meeting then meeting window disappeared then after few seconds then again goes to the meeting window with same meeting ID.

• I did not get any log in my console
  • I check few times when I tapped end meeting then its called onMeetingEndedReason() method and onMeetingStateChange() method I got state is 2.
  • After few seconds again meeting window gets appeared with same meeting ID then I got the state 1 in onMeetingStateChange() method.
  • I am 100% sure Start meeting method called only first time and only once.

In order to reproduce this issue means, please join the meeting then wait for 1 min then end the meeting. Now check the action. if issue was not reproduce means please repeat this more than 3 or 4 times. You must got the issue.

here is the video proof of zoom SDK issue --> https://streamable.com/z3o7a

In this video you can see, I was tapped end meeting and it again goes to meeting page with same meeting ID.

Carson, I also need to say this, we got this issue more times with 0 participants. In other words there no participants are joined in that meeting. Only meeting creator (host) is joined this meeting.

Please check with zoom iOS SDK and share your thoughts :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Hi saroroo123,

Thanks for the reply. I have forwarded the info to the Zoom client team and tried my best to escalate this. They have identified this issue and added this to their fix plan. Please wait for the official update on the App Store.

Thanks!

Hi Carson,

Thanks for the reply. what about zoom SDK because I got this same issue in zoom SDK too ? :frowning:

Hi saroroo123,

I will work with our engineer to see if there is any workaround. Our SDK is using the same component that the Zoom client is using as well, and it is out of the scope that our SDK can modify so I am afraid we cannot fix it on the SDK side. Once they have fixed this on the client-side, our SDK will inherit the fix as well. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks!

Hi Carson,
Thanks for the reply. I will waiting for the zoom client fix. Hopefully they will fix this issue soon :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey @saroroo123,

Keep an eye on client releases here:

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi Tommy,

Did zoom client fixed that issue ?

Hey @saroroo123,

I do not belive the update has been released yet, @carson.zoom?

Keep an eye on the updates for Zoom on the App Store, or here:

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi Tommy,

Thanks for the info. I will check the zoom help center :slight_smile:

1 Like

You are welcome! Happy to help! :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @carson.zoom

Happy Monday :slight_smile: We have started another new app and we are using zoom SDK for video calls. Currently I am facing some issues. Please check it below

1. Meeting window not appeared while join the meeting
  2. App get crashed while host end the meeting .

Detailed Description:

1. Meeting window not appeared while join the meeting
    • I am trying to join the meeting. I have the meeting ID. I used this code to join the meeting,

let paramDict = [
kMeetingParam_Username: AppConstants.ClassConstants.activeUserName,
kMeetingParam_MeetingNumber: AppConstants.ClassConstants.inComingCallMeetingID,
** ]**
let response: MobileRTCMeetError? = service?.joinMeeting(with: paramDict)

• Meeting was created in zoom web app. I am trying to join the meeting from using my mobile.
  • I was joined the meeting and I did not get any error codes and also my mobile camera was showing my face and I can see my face in zoom web app. But the problem is, in mobile meeting window page not appeared. In other words, Meeting window page not opened but my mobile camera was start capturing my movements.
  • I don’t know why meeting window was not appeared. Please tell me if anything I am missing here OR is anything I need to update ?
  1. App get crashed while host end the meeting.

• Take above scenario. I created meeting using web app and meeting started and participant joined via mobile using zoom SDK .
    • Now, I am the host and I am going to tap the end meeting button.
    • Now, in mobile side. I mean participant side. App get crashed. I could not get the crash report but I can see this error in my compiler view.

• Each time app get crashed while host end the meeting. Please check it and share your thoughts :slight_smile:

My Device Configurations:

Zoom SDK --> [v4.4.56624.1028]
Mac Os --> Version 10.15.1 (macOS Catalina)
XCode --> 11.2.1
Device —> iPhone X
iOS —> 13.2.3

Thanks. Let me know your thoughts :slight_smile:

One More thing: I got issue in my compiler.

Cannot retrieve the container URL for the application group identifier . Make sure that it has been added to the com.apple.security.application-groups entitlement.

I did not use any group IDs in my application and also I set this code in my appdelegate class.

let context = MobileRTCSDKInitContext()
context.domain = AppConstants.ZoomKeys.Zoom_Domain
context.enableLog = true
context.appGroupId = “”

@Carson. Please check it. I already referred this link --> Having Crash while starting zoom class

But no use of this. Still I am getting this error while join the meeting. What can I do now ?

Hi saroroo123,

Happy Monday and thanks for the reply. Regarding the issue you are facing:

1. Based on the screenshot you have provided, it seems like the issue is not from our SDK. Using UIAlertController instead of UIAlertView could fix this issue

2. Regarding the entitlement issue, normally if you set up a group ID, Xcode will create the entitlement file for you, for some reason Xcode is not creating this for your project and this issue appears. Please double-check if our group ID “group.us.zoom” does not appear in your code, and use your own group ID instead. If you do not need the screen sharing feature, you do not need the group ID(do not set it in MobileRTCSDKInitContent), and you do not need the broadcast extension.

Hope this helps. Thanks!

Hi @carson.zoom,

Thanks for your replay. I need to say this please check Zoom SDK in Latest xCode 11.2.1. There is in crash issue in UIAlertView. I think you are using UIAlertView. In Latest xCode 11.2.1 --> UIScene class not supports UIAlertView. So App get Crashed. I am 100% sure, I am not use UIAlertView in my applications. I got this crash while calling zoom SDK. So Please check your SDK with Latest xCode 11.2.1 OR make support zoom SDK in 11.2.1.

Let me know your thoughts. Thanks :slight_smile:

Another question:

When meeting window appeared. I got this message in above audio section,

could you tell me why I am getting this issue ?

my code was,

// setup the call
let settings = MobileRTC.shared().getMeetingSettings()
settings?.meetingVideoHidden = false
settings?.bottomBarHidden = false
settings?.disableDriveMode(true)
settings?.topBarHidden = false
settings?.meetingInviteHidden = true
settings?.meetingShareHidden = true
settings?.setMuteVideoWhenJoinMeeting(false)
settings?.setAutoConnectInternetAudio(true)

My needs are --> Audio is need to connect automatically with out any user interaction in meeting window.

Hi saroroo123,

Thanks for the reply. Regarding the UIAlertView issue, I have passed this to our engineering team and we will investigate this further.

Regarding the audio auto connect issue, normally if you set the setAutoConnectInternetAudio to be true, then it will auto connect the audio upon joining the meeting. Based on the error message shown in the screenshot, it seems like there are multiple devices that are producing errors at the moment(Maybe you have multiple devices next to each other joining the same meeting at the same time?), and when this happens, the audio will disconnect automatically.

Hope this helps. Thanks!

Hi @carson.zoom,

Thanks for the reply. Regarding audio it’s working fine now and also I forget to tell you one thing regarding zoom call not ending and meeting window opened again issue, now it’s working fine. Thanks a lot Carson.

Currently I am waiting for the UIAlertView issues only.

Hi saroroo123,

Glad to hear that those are working well now! Regarding the UIAlertView issue, please have a try to build your SDK project with Xcode 10 and see if it helps.

Thanks!