Create and activate zoom user whithout user interaction

Description
Hello!

I need to create and activate zoom users through the API.

Currently, I am able to create a user via API but the user needs to activate the account by clicking the link which sent her/him an email by zoom.

I want to activate the account by API without user interaction.

Please, can you help me with this?

Thank you

Error
no error

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
-JWT

Which Endpoint/s?
-https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/zoom-api/users/users

Hey @hkalkavan, thanks for posting and using Zoom!

Have you tried the custCreate flow?

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @tommy, thank you for your quick response.

I tried custCreate but it wasn’t successful.

I received this error code:
{
“code”: 2016,
“message”: “No permission, please contact Zoom customer support.”
}

I sent an email to “isv@zoom.us” for get help with this and waiting hear from them.

I will try to create a user with custCreate whenever they give me permission and I will let you know.

Thank you
Halil

1 Like

Hey @hkalkavan,

Correct, to use custCreate you need to reach out to isv@zoom.us.

Feel free to ask for a free trail to see if it works for your use case.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @tommy,

I already sent them an email. They can give me a free trail but I don’t need that.

We are going to get a business plan with 10 users and we won’t use the ISV partner program. I need to be able to use something with a business plan to create/activate users without user interaction.

What else I can try?

Thank you
Halil

Hey @hkalkavan,

What is your use case for creating users without them having to click the confirmation email?

Thanks,
Tommy

We provide an online service where we have our own user to sign up. Our users will sign up to our services using their email address and password. Within our portal they will be able to start/schedule meetings etc. They won’t have seperate credentials for Zoom, we will handle the Zoom credentials through Zoom’s API and keep Zoom credentials in our database.

Let me know if this makes sense.

Hey @hkalkavan,

Thanks for sharing your use case!

You could also try the ssoCreate option, more details here:

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey, @hkalkavan

I have the same problem as you.

Did you do solve this problem?

Thanks,
Zuchi

Hey @ekszuki,

I couldn’t solve this problem yet. still looking at.

Thank
Halil

Hey @ekszuki,

What problem are you having? To create and activate a Zoom user without user interaction, you must use custCreate on the isv plan. You can contact the isv team here: isv@zoom.us.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @hkalkavan,

Let us know if you have additional questions.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey guys

@hkalkavan
I solved this problem using “autoCreate” action, but I had to contact the ISV team to enable it.
(Manage users trough API)

I created users using “autocreate” API call + Trusted Domain (https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/203395207-Associated-domains).

@tommy
The ISV Team didn’t active the option “cusCreate” for my account. I don’t know why.

Anyway, the “autoCreate” has worked very well.

Thanks.

1 Like

Happy to hear you got this working, and thanks for providing the solution! :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy