Do Zoom Web SDK run on mobile browsers

How can we disable meeting information (ID, password) and disable invite functionality when they access our meeting from Zoom Mobile application?

Thanks.

Hello, there is no sound for users during webinar and meeting on ios mobile devices. Is this normal?

Hey @donzpaul,

Please see my post here:

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @ayzasoft.live,

Please create a new topic here: #web-sdk and fill out the post template so we have enough info to help.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @nbanour,

Please keep your posts civil. Here is the Web SDK supported mobile features table:

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @tommy

I would like to build a zoom application as chrome extension. Is it possible with zoom web sdk sample code?
Kindly please suggest.

Hey @elakkiya,

Please create a new topic for questions unrelated to the original one. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @tommy … can you explain me why my Zoom Web SDK is not responsive in mobile UI ?

Because it uses incredible amount of CPU that most of your mobile devices won’t be able to handle.

Also be aware that because of Apple not enabling camera & audio by computer on Opera (for mobile devices), the Zoom Web SDK automatically disable audio & video features, so it won’t work even by using the browser.

Hey @nvivot,

Thank you for providing a solution to @samuelsusanto789’s question. That’s exactly correct! Does that help with your issue @samuelsusanto789? Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Max

Hi @nvivot thx for your answer … So my mobile layout isn’t running well because large CPU usage? So how can i handle it?
Anyway i have already know the safari have limitation for zoom meeting

The Layout is another different thing.

As you may know, the zoom part is totally initialized by the zoom Web SDK (in term of UI components & so on), and the Zoom Web SDK is made for non mobile web, only desktop web.
The current UI of the web SDK is not for (or at least not optimized) mobile device layout, so not for mobile web.

That being said, in addition, yes, probably the CPU load on your device won’t help it to propose a smooth user experience with the UI.

We have tried this not later than 2 weeks ago to estimate whether we could expose our application as mobile web with zoom functionalities. We finally decided to go with distinct native mobile applications, for the following reasons:

• UI customization
  • Performances (very important point : you won’t be able to use hardware acceleration with the mobile web version for example)
  • Compatibility support on the zoom SDK

Nothing against Zoom here but you should not try to use the Web SDK for mobile devices until CPU loads are diminished on Zoom Web SDK (maybe with SIMD support improvement in the coming months) and Apple unlocked audio & video features on safari (which will probably never happen or not before a long time - even PWA on iOS is still not easy to make it works depending on which native feature you use)
Even if you go for only Android devices, you would face many issues in term of Support because Android devices on the market have much larger CPU types (compared to Apple’s one especially) and it will make it very hard for you to say which android device can be supported : you cannot state on a specific Android version since you also need to specify a minimum CPU. With iOS it would be easier since the hardware and iOS version are completely linked, but that’s not the case with Android.

Hey @nvivot,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts / feedback.

@samuelsusanto789, since the Web SDK is limited on Mobile Browsers, use the Zoom Mobile App, or Zoom Mobile Client SDKs for the best user experience.

Thanks,
Tommy

Reading the official browser support documentation now, I can see the feature-by-feature support tables for Android and iOS have been replaced with a “Mobile web browsers are not supported” statement.

Can we hear more about this from Zoom? I was looking forward to hopefully using the web SDK on iOS soon (Join Computer Audio support in Safari), but now if the SDK doesn’t support any kind of mobile environment it pretty much makes it unsuitable for any integration that only wants to offer a web experience and nothing else.

I also didn’t see any changes to this in the web SDK’s CHANGELOG or in the Zoom updates – what’s the last version of the SDK to support mobile browsers? Is this a temporary thing or should we expect no support at all going forward?

1 Like

I am also facing same problem at the moment. Web SDK working well in desktop web browser. But it is not working well in mobile web browser. that is the main issue I am facing at this moment. I need to run zoom within browser to hide the url and run some background api services.

I am also facing an audio problem on mobile browser with Zoom Web SDK version 1.8.6, 1.9.0, 1.9.1, sound like a robot and not clear. But in desktop it working fine except safari, don’t suggest me to use zoom app cause i have some virtual event with zoom. Any solution ?

@thibaud.colas, @sanjayawn, @wayaragil

I’ll start by saying the development of our Web SDK closely follows that of our Web Client. After speaking with the team that develops the Web Client, we determined that our messaging indicating support for mobile browsers was incorrect as there are portions of the SDK that weren’t designed with explicit mobile support.

Moving forward, we still plan to continue to expand our SDK support to as many platforms as possible. We understand how critical it is to be able to use the SDK with a mobile platform so I know that we are working to address this ASAP.

That’s not to say the Web SDK won’t work on mobile browsers, we just don’t support it at this time.

I don’t have a timeline for when this will change as of yet, however.

Thanks,
Max

as there are portions of the SDK that weren’t designed with explicit mobile support.

@MaxM could you share more details as to what parts of the SDK weren’t designed with support?

I appreciate there might be some issues, that’s more than fair when trying to support so many platforms with a rather advanced SDK, but on the implementers’ side it’s really unpleasant to be left in this kind of “might or might not work, no commitments made” place. I don’t feel comfortable recommending the web SDK to anyone if the vendor is ok with changing their support targets outside of any release and without any kind of heads’ up.

1 Like

Hey @thibaud.colas,

I’m not aware of what specifically is preventing us from supporting the Web SDK on mobile platforms.

I absolutely understand your issues with us dropping support so suddenly. This isn’t something we planned to do or wanted to do but it allows us to set the correct expectations in regard to the support we can offer with mobile devices with the current version of the Web SDK.

I’m going to talk with my team to see if I can get a timeline as to when our engineering team might bring this back and to talk about how we can avoid this in the future.

Ultimately, this change came from our engineering team so we’ll also work closely with them to ensure that we are communicating accurate details moving forward.

Thanks,
Max

hi @MaxM are the older version affected by this (eg. v.1.8.6)?